Pool man at Belvedere Pool lacking?

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2011, 01:31 AM
Default Pool man at Belvedere Pool lacking?

January has been a tough month as the warm days for pool visitation have been few. Last Thursday the pool was of average temp. A fine time was had by all. Imagine our surprise the next day, when we returned, the pool heaters had, once again, been turned off (the pool man was there Thursday afternoon, spotted by several swimmers, and as soon as he departed, swimmers reported cold water piping in to the pool.) The pool temp on Friday at Belvedere pool was 72. The Village Watch guy told those that complained, that "someone had broken in to the pool controls for the third time and turned off the heaters.". Yes, now that really makes sense. He turned them back on, but by then, it was too late. The Rec director at Pimlico had been notified several times when the pool was unacceptable for swimming. Hopefully, since there were potential homebuyers as guests last Thursday, this situation won't happen at our pool again.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferling View Post
January has been a tough month as the warm days for pool visitation have been few. Last Thursday the pool was of average temp. A fine time was had by all. Imagine our surprise the next day, when we returned, the pool heaters had, once again, been turned off (the pool man was there Thursday afternoon, spotted by several swimmers, and as soon as he departed, swimmers reported cold water piping in to the pool.) The pool temp on Friday at Belvedere pool was 72. The Village Watch guy told those that complained, that "someone had broken in to the pool controls for the third time and turned off the heaters.". Yes, now that really makes sense. He turned them back on, but by then, it was too late. The Rec director at Pimlico had been notified several times when the pool was unacceptable for swimming. Hopefully, since there were potential homebuyers as guests last Thursday, this situation won't happen at our pool again.
I have noticed that the Belvedere Pool often seems to be at least five degrees cooler than some other pools. I've asked the pool guy (who checks IDs) on several occasions to turn up the temperature. The Lynhaven, Largo and Bacall Pools all seem to be much warmer.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I have noticed that the Belvedere Pool often seems to be at least five degrees cooler than some other pools. I've asked the pool guy (who checks IDs) on several occasions to turn up the temperature. The Lynhaven, Largo and Bacall Pools all seem to be much warmer.
I am guessing it is some pool heater glitch that needs addressing or replacing.
They are really good in our area about fixing things that are pointed out to them.

Have any of you spoken directly to the manager of Pimlico and not just the person at the desk or who checks IDs?

And of course if that doesn't work, the manager has a boss.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:42 AM

Things just keep getting better and better. You mean I can be at the pool at this time of the year? I'm sitting here watching the snow fall. I can hardly wait to move. What is not to like at TV. I'm ready to pull out my sandals.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

Wish I was there right now! It is 32 degrees here
Old 01-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritParrothead View Post
Wish I was there right now! It is 32 degrees here
Well it is 37 degrees here --- Come on down and you can go swimming
Old 01-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangirl View Post
Things just keep getting better and better. You mean I can be at the pool at this time of the year? I'm sitting here watching the snow fall. I can hardly wait to move. What is not to like at TV. I'm ready to pull out my sandals.
There are avid swimmers who swim daily, regardless of temperature. I'm not one of them.

The pools are usually empty when the temperature falls below 70. Even though the pools are heated, getting out is hell!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:14 PM

Hello?!?! Did you not see where I stated that I HAD TALKED to the Pimlico director in my original post. There is a definite reason why the Belvedere pool is called the Ghetto Pool by many of the residents. Even with new heaters, the pool is colder than others, and many times does not get attention, even if it is brought to the attention of those responsible.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I was speed reading again and I didn't see that you contacted the Pimlico Manager. I apologize for my error.

My next suggestion is still to speak to HIS/HER boss.

When we returned this fall I went to the director at Odell and told her that the bushes that separate our property from Odell had lots of weeds in them. They fixed it almost at once.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

golerling, I was not aware we had a ghetto pool in TV, not even sure what that means, please clarify....gn
Old 02-01-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
golerling, I was not aware we had a ghetto pool in TV, not even sure what that means, please clarify....gn
I, too, have been going to The Ghetto, Belvedere Pool, (pronounced gett TOE) for the last four years. My wife and I came to TV five summers ago and stayed in a home for a week by The Ghetto. While swimming one day in The Ghetto during our one week visit sponsored by TV, we heard about a home being sold by The Ghetto. We looked at the home and made an offer. They took our offer and the rest is history. It is because of The Ghetto, we are here today! I have noticed over the years The Ghetto is the last to get populated with new pool items, paint, heat, and more.

I guess my wife and I could go to the other pools in the surrounding area, but my wife and I live too close to The Ghetto to consider the option of attending another pool. Also, the interesting people that attend The Ghetto makes it educational to listen to their conversations. We just put up being second class TV pool citizens at The Ghetto because we love our pool.

I can live with a lot of disruptions and strange pool attendees at The Ghetto, but I would like for the water to be warm.

Last edited by Ricardo del Sidney; 02-01-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Sage

On Tuesday, the Belvedere pool was lovely and warm. Also, the Pimlico pool is very close for those who don't enjoy the Belvedere pool. I tried the Lynhaven pool one day but they have a loud radio playing non-stop, which the regulars obviously enjoy.

Isn't it great that we have so many pool choices south of 466.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Still not sure I understand why the Belvedere pool is the ghetto pool...gn
Old 02-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Don't know either--if so, I'm a resident of the "ghetto" and I wouldn't live anywhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
golferling Hello?!?! Did you not see where I stated that I HAD TALKED to the Pimlico director in my original post. There is a definite reason why the Belvedere pool is called the Ghetto Pool by many of the residents. Even with new heaters, the pool is colder than others, and many times does not get attention, even if it is brought to the attention of those responsible.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

GolfNut, apparently Golferling feels that the Belvedere Pool is inferior because of concerns about "lack of attention". I've certainly never heard the Belvedere Pool referred to as the Ghetto Pool and I've been swimming there for four years.

It's a very social pool with lots and lots of friendly people. On occasion, I've asked the Pool Guy who checks IDs to turn up the heat, and he has been happy to comply with my request. I LOVE the Belvedere Pool!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.