Pool or no pool?

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH7SS View Post
For those of you with solar pool heat on the roof, do you need to run water thru it every day in summer to keep it cool? If yes, how do you keep the pool water from getting too hot? What about leaks and extreme sun exposure? Any info would be greatly appreciated as we are debating adding solar. Thank you in advance.
The water is not running thru the solar as we have it set at about 80...and our water temp today is 90, due to sun shining on the pool (lanai faces west)...on days without sun it was in the 85-86 range w/o solar. When there is a breeze, it actually feels cool when you get out

Someone recommended that we run it during the night to cool it, but havent done that yet.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Platinum member

[quote=lovesports;529369]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Every neighborhood's adult-only and family pools are extremely nice and there are plenty of them for every village.

North of 466 and other older villages have no pools. If you want to use your village pool, be careful what village you buy in. All the new villages, south of 466 have pools.

Oops- Bridgeport at Lake Sumter doesn't have a pool.
I'm amazed to read such an incorrect post. I won't take the time to count them, but there a lots of adult, family and sports pools north of 466.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Default ijusluvit- chill-

Maybe you didn't understand my post.
Hey, I was just responding to ALL villages have pools. ALL villages Don't. I know many do. So I guess we agree on that. However, I won't list all because there are many. Here are a few:
Village of Alhambra doesn't have a pool.
Village of Del Mar doesn't have a pool.
Village of Glenbrook just has a priority.( which means you have to pay extra to use it)
Village of Harmeswood doesn't have a pool.
Orange Blossom has the only family (or kids pool) for many villages.
La Zamore doesn't have a pool.
Village of Piedmont doesn't have a pool.
Silver Lake and Country club villages don't have a pool.
Spring Arbor doesn't have a pool.
There are many more.
So I agree there are many pools north of 466. What I said is not all villages have pools as ilovetv stated. Also I can tell you the pool at Tierra del Sol is very crowded as so many villages feed into it.
So I say again if you want to swim a lot in a village pool be sure your village has a pool.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:47 PM

[quote=ijusluvit;529395]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesports View Post

I'm amazed to read such an incorrect post. I won't take the time to count them, but there a lots of adult, family and sports pools north of 466.
I agree with you. I tried to make my post clearer.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poromo View Post
We've decided to purchase a Designer house on the golf course. Should we get a pool installed in the birdcage ? Can anyone help me out with the pros and cons of having a pool and whether the lack of privacy on the golf course is an issue? We've never owned a house with a pool but many people have said "if you move to Florida, you must have a pool". Are they correct?
The cost about a hundred a month to maintain.

There are community pools that are pretty good.

In 3 years, I have observed people in their own pools about 3 times.

You decide.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

We did not install a pool but we did buy the Michael Phelps Momentum Swimspa Swim Spas by Master Spas: MP Signature Swim Spa Momentum model

It is above ground swim in place pool, or you can enjoy it as a pool to cool off in, with propulsion jets you can set at varying levels, and a hydrotherapy spa on the other end. It is 19 1/4 long; 8 ft wide and 4 ft deep. It has waterfalls, lights, music, rowing, foot massage, dual temperature for the swim part vs the spa. Awesome for arthritis and water aerobics. We got the 80 amp service. We are looking forward to enjoying it every day and in the evening hours in the spa. It did have to be lifted by a heavy duty crane over the villa and placed in the birdcage and it went perfectly. They retail for about $45,000 and need little maintenance.

Just another alternative.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Sage

Sounds like about the same cost of a full size pool with cage, but the main thing is you enjoy it.

A pool I'm sure is great, but I wonder after a while how much use it gets.

U not only have the cost of the pool/cage but U need a bigger lot, maintenance etc.

You do have the opportunity to have friends over and parties around the pool but U also I would think meet many folks at the community pools as well.

As the thread asks -- no pool
Old 07-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Platinum member

I think I read it on TOTV that if you have a pool you must also have a pool alarm on your doors to the lanai, and there's no way to deactivate it. When the weather is nice I love having the house open, so that might be something to consider when deciding whether or not to have a pool.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 07-28-2012, 03:11 AM

Even with a neighborhood pool 1 mile away I love having our own. We can just pop out whenever, go for a quick swim after a hot day on the links or after yardwork. Step inside for a cold one, always have a chair, run inside when weather threatens and play music however we like it....

LOVE IT
Old 07-28-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
I think I read it on TOTV that if you have a pool you must also have a pool alarm on your doors to the lanai, and there's no way to deactivate it. When the weather is nice I love having the house open, so that might be something to consider when deciding whether or not to have a pool.
Mine was wired so that it is plugged into the same outlet as the garage door opener. I unplugged it. and removed the batteries from wall switch used to shut off the alarm.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Eternal Member

They put small alarms in the upper corners of the doors & windows that lead outside. You can just undo them.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
There is a way to deactivate the alarm...we did. We have two alarms, one on the main sliders off the living room and one on the French doors in our bedroom. Both are deactivated.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Gold member

Just had a pool put in by All Seasons. It's beautiful and we love it. Only problem now is we never want to leave home! Did I say problem? It really is nice having a pool right outside the door. I feel like I am on vacation everyday!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Sage

We have found in addition to the utility of the pool, it contributes to our wonderful view. It is so nice to look out from the house to see water...has a cooling effect without even going in.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainsley View Post
Just had a pool put in by All Seasons. It's beautiful and we love it. Only problem now is we never want to leave home! Did I say problem? It really is nice having a pool right outside the door. I feel like I am on vacation everyday!
We feel the same way about not wanting to leave our home! While our neighbors are running around trying to find something to do we are relaxing by the pool....music or no music, cold beer or cold tea, popcorn or cheese and crackers. The choice is ours. If we want to socialize it only takes a phone call and we have lots of people over to enjoy it with us. I've yet had someone refuse an invitation to a private pool. We love it!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.