Pool Privacy

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Smile Pool Privacy

For those who have installed a pool, other than in a CYV, was there a design element added to provide privacy other than landscaping? The last time we were down in May, I noticed some new screened enclosures in the Sanibel section that had not only columns, but what looked to be a short privacy wall, or maybe it was the back of a waterfall feature.

I've tried to find something like this on-line but to no avail. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decodiana View Post
For those who have installed a pool, other than in a CYV, was there a design element added to provide privacy other than landscaping? The last time we were down in May, I noticed some new screened enclosures in the Sanibel section that had not only columns, but what looked to be a short privacy wall, or maybe it was the back of a waterfall feature.

I've tried to find something like this on-line but to no avail. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
There is a screen that the pool builders install at a height agreed to by the owner. I have it being put on mine. Usually about 3 ft tall and from the outside you can not see in, but also you can not see out on the type I got. It still allows for air to move though. I don't mind not seeing out at that height though. I would be laying in the pool or on a chair anyway. I believe there is a type that you can see out, but others can see in too. Just not as opaque. Call All Seasons Pools.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Platinum member

In the Improvements catalog I get has some ideas for privacy......there are freestanding screens with 3 pieces hinged together....some lattice and some more solid....also faux greenery that can be installed on the screen.

Another thing they have are outdoor curtains that can be installed on the screen supports....I haven't heard of how these work, though.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 08-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

our friends wall has a waterslide whooooooooo
Old 08-18-2012, 03:52 PM

Look at the Designer & Premier model video tours and many have pools with short walls of 4 tiles high which provide privacy while in the pool as well as the "florida fall" for looks and sound. Great place to pick up ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decodiana View Post

Old 08-18-2012, 05:22 PM

We turn out the lights
Old 08-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbirdtobe View Post
We turn out the lights
that works at nite, but perhaps they want to work on their allover tans during the daylight hours.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.