Pool Security

Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2017, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
I agree, if you have anything valuable I would bring it to the pool but I do understand sometimes after classes you do want to do other things that you would need some of the things you're talking about. Even in TV, there's all walks of life, just like there's in any other crime city. Speaking of getting carded, not all pools do that. You go to some pools & look at some of the people there & you can tell right away they don't live in TV or aren't visiting. Some of these people come with 5 or 6 other adults, dragging 2 to 5 kids behind them. I know someone probably thinks I'm being racist & that OK, but I bet I'll right more than they can prove me wrong. Just my opinion!
How can you tell this???
BTW. Part of my family is visiting this week for the holidays. When we go to the pool there are 6 adults and 6 kids.
I don't think you are being racist just............ fill in the blank.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
When I go to water classes I'm USUALLY carded and asked for a picture ID. BUT, there is no safe place for valuables while in the pool. ALSO, hot tubs would be nice
I totally agree that there needs to be a place to secure valuables. When we bought our lot many years ago, we were told that there were hot tubs. We have been here 23 years and have never seen one, or we would have made room for one when we built our house. We personally have more need of a hot tub then we do for multiple swimming pools.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:21 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
I agree, if you have anything valuable I would bring it to the pool but I do understand sometimes after classes you do want to do other things that you would need some of the things you're talking about. Even in TV, there's all walks of life, just like there's in any other crime city. Speaking of getting carded, not all pools do that. You go to some pools & look at some of the people there & you can tell right away they don't live in TV or aren't visiting. Some of these people come with 5 or 6 other adults, dragging 2 to 5 kids behind them. I know someone probably thinks I'm being racist & that OK, but I bet I'll right more than they can prove me wrong. Just my opinion!
How can you tell "right away" that people do not live in or are visiting The Villages? Let's have a detailed explanation, please. Also, are you accusing those individuals of being thieves?
Old 12-27-2017, 05:25 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
How can you tell "right away" that people do not live in or are visiting The Villages? Let's have a detailed explanation, please.
They have their cell numbers on their swimwear. There is no way of knowing where anyone is from except the workers that come in to use the rest rooms.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
They have their cell numbers on their swimwear. There is no way of knowing where anyone is from except the workers that come in to use the rest rooms.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:31 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgc4340 View Post
I totally agree that there needs to be a place to secure valuables. When we bought our lot many years ago, we were told that there were hot tubs. We have been here 23 years and have never seen one, or we would have made room for one when we built our house. We personally have more need of a hot tub then we do for multiple swimming pools.

There is one at a pool in the historic section—Hilltop or Southside?? We rented up there once. Take earplugs. The motor is very loud and people in the hot tub yell to be heard above the noise. Think Tower of Babel. Better and cleaner to just get your own.
Old 12-28-2017, 02:15 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Have you ever been to Southside pool? There is a public hot tub there. It has recently been renovated and is very nice.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2017, 08:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
There are numerous hot tubs at country clubs as well as Southside.
Not sure why you wouldn't have gotten one of your own if it's such a necessity. The hot tubs in TV have a few lower back jets and don't really do much good.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:35 PM
Default Pool Security--Simple and Secure Solution

There are especially designed small metal boxes with security numbers that can be installed on a wall. They need to be purchased; are approx 3 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches and about 5 inches deep.
Ample for a set of keys and ID, wallet, etc.
You would choose your own combination spinning the front box wheels, say 4-3-4. Reset the wheels, then use the 4-3-4 to enter your box when leaving.
They use these boxes at gyms.
I have posted this information previously when the subject comes around again and again.

Maybe 18 boxes for the larger pools and 8 boxes for the smaller pools. Would not take up very much space and no one would find their wallet missing. Great Idea!
Old 12-28-2017, 03:01 PM

Try this product. I attaches to the pool furniture

Amazon.com: The AquaVault Portable, Water Resistant Outdoor Safe. Reprogramable Triple Combination Security Lock Box. Durable, Universal, Safe: Amazon Launchpad
Old 12-28-2017, 10:17 PM
Veteran member

It seems like a small, zippable dufflebag you take to the pool area with you would suffice. Put your valuables and towel inside and use a common, everyday TSA lock on it. Everyone brings a pool bag. Very inexpensive alternative.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:14 PM
Veteran member

my wife says bring a zip lock
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, place, valuables, safe, nice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.