Pool tables

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2019, 01:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't know about other sports and games, but I do know a lot about pool rooms. My point is that, having 150 pool tables in 25 rooms requires an expert on equipment selection, management, and maintenance. And, yes, I am certain that, if you hired an expert to manage the pool rooms, the current budget for these rooms would not need to be increased because they are not spending the money wisely. And, this issue has already been addressed by organized billiard players with the people in charge, and those people just do not care. If someone tried to set up and operate a "for profit" billiard room without having any knowledge about the equipment, they would most likely be out of business within a year. It would be like someone opening a restaurant with no restaurant experience or food preparation skills.
It is virtualy treason to many on TOTV, to have anything but total allegience, support and admiration to all things Villages.
To criticise or query any policy or decision made by 'The Family' or any of the august bodies entrusted with your care, will bring down the wrath of the annointed.
Just as many golfers earlier in the year had the temerity to even suggest that some of the Executive Golf Course greens were even a tad less than perfect, so you have incurred the ire of those, who in many cases, would not know a pool cue from a buffet queue!
Good luck!
Old 04-25-2019, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
It has been suggested several times that the concerns need to go to boards. A few posters continue to restate the same thing over and over about their frustrations. As also stated several times posting on here will accomplish nothing.
That's what I find unbelievable.
Thanks for telling me what to do, however, I don't need your help.
Au contraire.

There was absolutely nothing in my post, telling you (or anyone else for that matter)..."what to do."

I believe everyone has the 'right' (within site rules)...to do what they want.

I simply stated that if I was frustrated with a thread, because I thought it was going in circles (and quite frankly, how many threads don't go in circles? )...of which I personally find this one interesting and informative.

But if I didn't feel that way...I would simply do this.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Unsubscribe.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	79404  
Old 04-25-2019, 03:27 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

This is getting better than the dog poop topics.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:17 PM

pretty simple change the table manufacturer to a well know one such as ,Brunswick or Diamond, should not be a problem...…...
Old 04-25-2019, 04:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
It is virtualy treason to many on TOTV, to have anything but total allegience, support and admiration to all things Villages...
Or is it just possible that many Villagers think the pool tables here are just fine?!?

Naaahhh. That can’t be it.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Having played in dedicated pool halls I can say that our tables are no match but good enough for rec centers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2019, 09:13 PM

whats a dedicated pool room????
Old 04-25-2019, 10:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaur View Post
A clip from the movie The Hustler

pool·room

/ˈpo͞olˌro͞om,ˈpo͞olˌro͝om/

noun

NORTH AMERICAN

noun:*pool hall

a commercial establishment where pool or billiard games are played.

The Hustler (2/5) Movie CLIP - I Gotta Hunch, Fat Man (1961) HD - YouTube

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2019, 10:51 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

I agree with Bogie Shooter... we're beating a dead horse.
I think The Developer provides amenities for "the masses." Not the "serious player." And I don't have a problem with that.
What attracted us to The Villages was the fact that there was so much to do - golf, bocce, clubs, quilting, shuffleboard, swimming, etc. It was an active community.
What I found when I moved here is that I made great friends. That's why I love it here and that's why I stay. I'm a golfer and I know the courses are struggling right now. But I play because I'm having a great time with my friends. If I wanted to play "serious" golf I would play a TPC course offsite. The Villages courses will never be TPC quality courses. I'm OK with that - I enjoy playing here with friends.
If in the future I'm no longer happy here, I will find a place that works or me. I don't expect "the Developer" to "fix" or "do the right thing" for me. They can never fix all the things that people want them to fix.
The Villages offers a lifestyle. It's all there for your review. So you can't do your due diligence and pick The Villages and then expect them to change because you want something different/better.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaur View Post
It has been blessed by the local priest, which in my opinion should be stopped, as it gives Catholics an unfair advantage at the tables.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:26 AM

et cum spirit tutu o
Old 04-26-2019, 05:52 AM
TOTV Moderator

This thread has mor-hed from the original question of the lack of pool tables in the southern section to a discussion of the quality of the tables and/or the maintenance of those tables. The discussion was worthwhile but has devolved to the extent that thenthread is now closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
pool, feeney, whats, deal?????pray, table, tables

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.