Pool tables

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2019, 04:12 PM
Default Pool tables

HOW COME NOT ONE POOL TABLE IN FEENEY,WHATS THE DEAL?????
Old 04-20-2019, 04:38 PM
Veteran member

You got a putting green instead
Old 04-20-2019, 05:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaur View Post
Maybe these folks will know.
Recreation Administration
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, FL 32162

Phone: 352-674-1800
Old 04-20-2019, 05:26 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

There are pool tables going in the rec. center at Linden scheduled to open before summer, just a short golf car ride from Fenney. Need to be a little patient, lots of stuff already opened down here and much, much more will be here next year. When we moved to Fenney there was only Blue Heron neighborhood pool, the Main rec, center and the sports pool area with less than 30 homes sold, it is amazing what has been added over the last two years and how fast those two years went by. I'm vey pleased with the progress down here.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
You got a putting green instead
Old 04-21-2019, 06:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
So, you’re in hurry to play on cheap home models like that’s in SAddlebrook I appreciate you’re dedication to the game.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:13 PM

that's all they have are cheap tables,but that's what we have and as far as I can see its not going to change....
Old 04-21-2019, 03:15 PM
Sage

I think the pool tables in TV are more than adequate for our general use.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:57 PM

for people who are not familiar with the game...
Old 04-21-2019, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Assuming you live here.....you didn't know that before you bought here?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-21-2019, 09:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Wow. Sometimes arrogance can be astounding.

I'm very familiar with the game. And I didn't say they were perfect. I said they were more than adequate for our use. I stand by that.

But they may not be adequate for somebody who is challenged to enjoy life and searches for anything at all to find fault with.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

There are a few professional pool players in The Villages who could make some simple recommendations to significantly improve the quality of the billiards rooms and equipment. It is not about the money. Unfortunately, the developer just doesn't care about the hundreds of people who use the billiards rooms. It is very sad, because The Villages probably owns more pool tables than almost any organization in the country.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 04-22-2019 at 04:04 AM.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:14 PM

For the life of me I will never understand the level of discontent voiced by the residents of TV. I wake up every morning and say a little prayer, thanking the good Lord for allowing me to see another day to enjoy what I have here in TV. I do not wander around my designer home complaining that I don't have everything I would have in a premier home. I golf (or did, before 2 back surgeries) on the many and varied courses available here in TV. And, no, they are not of TPC guality, but they are adequate for most of us here. They could build TPC-like courses, but they would still be destroyed by those who are not conscientious enough to protect them. Golden Ocala is a short drive away and it has replica holes from all over the world, including Amen Corner and TPC in Jacksonville is not that far away for those of you who demand better courses. I am sure when they put in all the pool tables they took into consideration that not all players would be professionals and would probably damage the tables, thus a less than professional quality was used. And for your fine dining taste, Berns in Tampa is a relatively short drive. But I was never one to spend an unreasonable amount of money for something that essentially tastes the same, just presented differently, when it all ultimately ends up in the same place. I am thankful for the many opportunities available to us here. For those less thankful for what has been provided for us here in TV, Golden Ocala is a short drive away, Jupiter, West Palm, etc are available.......
Old 04-22-2019, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com View Post
For the life of me I will never understand the level of discontent voiced by the residents of TV. I wake up every morning and say a little prayer, thanking the good Lord for allowing me to see another day to enjoy what I have here in TV. I do not wander around my designer home complaining that I don't have everything I would have in a premier home. I golf (or did, before 2 back surgeries) on the many and varied courses available here in TV. And, no, they are not of TPC guality, but they are adequate for most of us here. They could build TPC-like courses, but they would still be destroyed by those who are not conscientious enough to protect them. Golden Ocala is a short drive away and it has replica holes from all over the world, including Amen Corner and TPC in Jacksonville is not that far away for those of you who demand better courses. I am sure when they put in all the pool tables they took into consideration that not all players would be professionals and would probably damage the tables, thus a less than professional quality was used. And for your fine dining taste, Berns in Tampa is a relatively short drive. But I was never one to spend an unreasonable amount of money for something that essentially tastes the same, just presented differently, when it all ultimately ends up in the same place. I am thankful for the many opportunities available to us here. For those less thankful for what has been provided for us here in TV, Golden Ocala is a short drive away, Jupiter, West Palm, etc are available.......
I agree with everything you said except regarding the pool tables. There are hundreds of serious pool players in The Villages, many of which are learning the game for the first time. Why shouldn't there be a process for the residents to suggest improvements in the equipment and be taken seriously by the developer? And, why isn't the developer interested in providing quality billiard equipment? The needed improvements would not cost additional money, but would greatly improve the billiard rooms. My experience is that any suggestions for improvements in the billiard rooms are almost totally ignored by the developer.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
...My experience is that any suggestions for improvements in the billiard rooms are almost totally ignored by the developer.
My guess would be because most people are already satisfied with the billiard rooms.
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, feeney, whats, deal?????pray, table, tables

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.