Poopetrators Beware

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
We have had a dog for the past 30 years. I can't imagine having a dog in an apartment with no yard in which the dog can run, play, sniff out other critters, and to potty in. Any home we rented or bought had as a prerequisite a yard that the dog could be in for hours, without us following it around obsessively with a baggie.

Apparently it's weird, but our small dog does her business in our yard. As far as I know, every homeowner in TV owns their own yard, and they have a right to let their dogs make logs all day long in their own yard.

If the dog is taken out for a walk around town, the dog has to be on a leash, and the owner is supposed to pick up the doo-doo. If somebody does leave dog poop in some grass along a sidewalk or street......

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see any sense to spending money on Poop Police and DNA testing of dog poop here in TV. This is not a condo-style appartment community. We have our own yards. Do people here really want Community Watch money spent on sending out patrolmen to pick up dog poop left by the sidewalk and get samples to send in for DNA testing?!?!???

Is this all people have to do with their time.....getting all p*ssed off about a dog log in the grass by a sidewalk???? If so, I'd recommend the Volunteer Opportunities listings in the newspaper!
I don't like it when it is in my yard and I run over it with my lawn mower! I have decided to just throw them "logs" right out in the street......aren't they pretty.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Why is there all this discussion? There is no way that a community of 80000 and growing could implement such a rule. Maybe for a condo association but not a place as large as The Villages. Give it a rest, already. There is nothing to worry about.
Bugs ... We're having this discussion because there is something funny about saying bad words and talking about poop. Now that we're wrinklies, we can go through our second childhood.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:12 AM

I have talked to my dog many times about this very thing. I told her you have a nice place to go in our back yard. why do you keep waiting until you get in the house.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Default And "Inquiring Minds" wanna know...

...What was your dogs response to your question?

(In my best Sigmund Frued voice)

"Do you and your dog "Chit-Chat" often"?...

Hmmm, I see. "And what do you talk about besides...you know..."Poop places"?

"I think we are making some progress...your Doggy has inhibitions of "Pooping" in public...where she may be seen by others...Perfectly normal. You doggy prefers the "In side Privacy" that your home provides to do her business".

"Again...perfectly normal" !

"I think we have made some excellent progress today. Your Doggy is perfectly normal !...but, Iam concerned about you".

"Were you happy as a child"?...

"OHHHhhh My. I see we are out of time for today. We'll continue in our next session".

Dave

(Hearing that "Twilight Zone" zone music...AGAIN)

Last edited by PylutDood; 07-01-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: "He's a "Her"
Old 07-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Gold member

I belive the cost of the DNA testing could be covered by the fines that are awarded to the Poopetraters. Probably will never happen in TV, but wouldn't you just love to see the Poopetraters doing the perp walk on camera. If you have ever been the victim of a sneeky Poopetrater, justice would be sweet. By the way, I have always owned dogs and always will but my dog, my yard.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Didn't you mean "Number Two" discussion?
Actually, the subject was the first item on the agenda. What it was about was either/or Numbers One and Two!

In fact, usually both!

SWR
Old 07-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
I have always owned dogs and always will but my dog, my yard.
That's how we trained our dogs too. Our yard, not the street, not the commons areas not the mail station. We all have yards, why is it so difficult for dog owners to have their dogs use their own yards?
Old 07-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Default dog poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Um Bugs,
We're not discussing it because we think it will happen here. We're discussing it because discussing dog poop is what TOTVers do.

Pturner, I wish TOTV had a 'like' button to click on like face book. I'd give you the 'like' thumbs up for humor. lol
Old 07-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Why is there all this discussion? There is no way that a community of 80000 and growing could implement such a rule. Maybe for a condo association but not a place as large as The Villages. Give it a rest, already. There is nothing to worry about.
Not so fast TBug I going to campaign on that issue. It is a great metaphor for how Obama is managing our economy and foreign policy
Old 07-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrose View Post
Pturner, I wish TOTV had a 'like' button to click on like face book. I'd give you the 'like' thumbs up for humor. lol
Thank you, Madrose. Thank you kindly.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
Some communities now require all dog owners to have DNA samples taken from thier dogs to be recorded and compared to DNA taken from poop left in public places and other peoples yards. I hope this would apply to cats as well. How long before this is the norm in all communities? Anyone think this is a good idea? Probably not the poopetrators.

http://dogblog.dogster.com/2011/06/3...g-on-the-rise/

May need to copy and paste to your browser.
You gotta be chittin me, Right?
Old 07-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMANN View Post
You gotta be chittin me, Right?
I don't know if that's the case, but I do know that most are getting a chitty-chitty-bang-bang of this thread!

Also, I was just thinking... (sniff-sniff) why do they have to go through the expense of doing DNA testing, having administrative costs and hiring of fecal sniffvestigators? All they have to do is put the dogs to work doing what they love to do... go around sniffing the Poopetrater's droppings and other dogs butts. Rewards can be offered of deluxe doggie treats to canine snitchers who provide information leading to the arrest and conviction of violating pooches and their owners, and even an annual "Sniffvestigator of the Year" award could be presented to the most effective canine! Also, what would the legal charges be for violations; misdahydrant for inappropriate placement of urine or a Smellany for fecal indiscretions?

I agree that something needs to be done, and I say, "Let's stamp out the poop piles... NOW!"
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 07-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Default I'am with you "SkyGuy"...

We could form a band of "Village-anties" and confront the poopertrators owner on our own terms!!! Fumar can be our leader.

Picture a mob patrolling the streets, armed with paper sacks...lighter fluid and a trusty Zippo !

We'll send out a scout to locate the front door and door bell button. Deliver the flaming parcel...hit the doorbell button...and RUN LIKE HELL !!!

Bet THAT will put a stomp to it!!!....errrr....STOP to it.

Ahhh the "Good ole' Days" (and dont tell me no one ever did it) !!

Strange, how history has a way of "Re-occuring".
Old 12-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Default dog doo

So what are the rules?? Can you let your dog do business on others yards if you pick up??
Old 12-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsned View Post
So what are the rules?? Can you let your dog do business on others yards if you pick up??
Make the dog use your own yard.

Other threads here tell of homeowners without dogs having their grass ruined by pee, and some are too inconsiderate to pick up the dog logs.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.