Dogs and the squares

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Platinum member
Default Dogs and the squares

Ok, I KNOW this topic has been hashed around now and again. However, without going over and reading them all.....ARE dogs allowed in the squares?? I am arriving in the AM, and I'm hoping that my well behaved and always attended dog and I will be allowed in the square in the evenings. She is ALWAYS picked up after. I know she won't be accepted by all. I just don't want to break any laws. Thanks for any info you can offer.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Ok, I KNOW this topic has been hashed around now and again. However, without going over and reading them all.....ARE dogs allowed in the squares?? I am arriving in the AM, and I'm hoping that my well behaved and always attended dog and I will be allowed in the square in the evenings. She is ALWAYS picked up after. I know she won't be accepted by all. I just don't want to break any laws. Thanks for any info you can offer.
Yes, your leashed dog is allowed in the Squares. Hopefully she is well socialized and good in crowds. Not all dogs enjoy the hectic atmosphere. I hope she enjoys attention. When we take our dogs to LSL (very rarely), I'm always amazed by how many people flock around them and want to pat them and talk about their pets.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:51 AM
Platinum member

Thanks Barefoot...she's very well behaved and we are in the process of socializing her. She's young. When we are around crowds, she would be held. This is our first time staying very close to one of the square's, so I know the occasion will arise where she will be with us. I've always seen other dog's sitting with their owner's in the square's. The only reason I am asking is that it seems the topic of dog's is quite active lately. It's been sounding lately as if maybe the rules are changing.

Too bad someone has felt the need to stir folks up by resurfacing the old "poop" threads. I think 99% of dog owners are responsible and ALWAYS pick up. It's that other small percent that just doesn't care.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:13 AM
Platinum member

LOTS of people bring their dogs to the squares. There's even one couple that has a special stroller to push theirs around in.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Thanks Barefoot...she's very well behaved and we are in the process of socializing her. She's young. When we are around crowds, she would be held. This is our first time staying very close to one of the square's, so I know the occasion will arise where she will be with us. I've always seen other dog's sitting with their owner's in the square's. The only reason I am asking is that it seems the topic of dog's is quite active lately. It's been sounding lately as if maybe the rules are changing.

Too bad someone has felt the need to stir folks up by resurfacing the old "poop" threads. I think 99% of dog owners are responsible and ALWAYS pick up. It's that other small percent that just doesn't care.
Gerryann, if you're carrying your dog there should be no problem at all. it's little dogs on the ground that I don't like to see, as they may get stepped on. I agree that 99% of dog owners are very responsible and respectful. Too bad that it's not 100%!
Old 12-31-2011, 01:29 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
I think 99% of dog owners are responsible and ALWAYS pick up. It's that other small percent that just doesn't care.
I agree with what you said. However, what's not responsible are those owners that let their dogs pee or poop on other peoples lawns in the first place! Think that brings that small percentage that don't care up a tad!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 12-31-2011, 05:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Yes, your leashed dog is allowed in the Squares. Hopefully she is well socialized and good in crowds. Not all dogs enjoy the hectic atmosphere. I hope she enjoys attention. When we take our dogs to LSL (very rarely), I'm always amazed by how many people flock around them and want to pat them and talk about their pets.
Because your wonderfull pets are so cute and unique. I believe my wife and I may have been some of those who couldn't resist the urge to say hello

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 12-31-2011, 05:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
I agree with what you said. However, what's not responsible are those owners that let their dogs pee or poop on other peoples lawns in the first place! Think that brings that small percentage that don't care up a tad!
This is not pertaining to the thread...... just sayin

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 12-31-2011, 05:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
Because your wonderfull pets are so cute and unique. I believe my wife and I may have been some of those who couldn't resist the urge to say hello
Bless you for being so kind. Our dogs love the extra attention.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.