A Positive Thread

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2020, 07:21 AM

Put out your Flags. We are all in this together!
Old 03-30-2020, 07:24 AM
Veteran member

We have been taking out dinners at the various restaurants in TV and I can tell you that they really appreciate it. Don't forget to leave a tip. They need it more than we do. ( I even bring my own pen to sign the charge slip). We are both in our 80's, and thank God we are still fairly healthy and have each other. Stay safe.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:40 AM
Default God bless you and America!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I propose we set one thread aside to post the positive side of this trying situation we are in. People are sewing face masks, volunteering to check neighbors, willing to give away stimulus checks, business being creative with senior and healthcare hours, etc. Here is a small but touching one I experienced with a delivery pizza. Please contribute you experiences for a brighter day.

Attachment 83326
Wahoo! That is the kind of attitude that has made America great. Character is getting up one more time than you get knocked down, not complaining that you are getting knocked down...

Life is a contact sport, wear a cup!
Old 03-30-2020, 07:45 AM
Smile In a world full of dark.....be a light

We all are aware of the things that are done wrong. How about we focus a bit more on the things done right? And the selfless people that run towards the issues, not sit at home and whine about it? I am so blessed to be in a warm place that allows me to stay as far away from this heinous sickness as is possible. Be a part of the good, smile at people and wave. It may just make their day!!
Old 03-30-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I propose we set one thread aside to post the positive side of this trying situation we are in. People are sewing face masks, volunteering to check neighbors, willing to give away stimulus checks, business being creative with senior and healthcare hours, etc. Here is a small but touching one I experienced with a delivery pizza. Please contribute you experiences for a brighter day.

Attachment 83326
I am making the masks worn over the N95 mask for doctors/nurses. Will delivery to the hospital in TV. I have talked with PR in hospital who gave me the contact for drop off the masks. Hospital in VA, MD still need these masks. Also I am using Joann fabric's pattern to make masks for nursing home/assistant living in small town South of Orlando. If you can sew please help the front line who keep us safe. Thankyou for the positive thread.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

An inspirational poem by Kitty O'meara put to video.

Acts of Global Human Kindness "And The People Stayed Home" by Kitty O'Meara read by Julia Sawalha - YouTube
Old 03-30-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
We have been taking out dinners at the various restaurants in TV and I can tell you that they really appreciate it. Don't forget to leave a tip. They need it more than we do. ( I even bring my own pen to sign the charge slip). We are both in our 80's, and thank God we are still fairly healthy and have each other. Stay safe.
Yes! More people should try to do take out at least once or twice a week and leave a good tip!
Old 03-30-2020, 09:48 AM
Default Neighbor helping neighbor

My neighbor is a support person for another neighbor whose husband is on hospice care after an 8 year fight with cancer. The caregiver is quarantining due to her husband having a fever. Though unrelated to the virus, she is required to do so.

On the lawn talking to my neighbor, the support person, she asked me to look for paper towels as the hospice patient uses a roll a day in his care and she was unable to find a supply. I was able to supply a couple rolls from my house and the caregiver was so very grateful.

These people are heroes to me especially during this time of isolation and who would think how happy a couple rolls of paper towels can make someone?
Old 03-30-2020, 02:37 PM

Just watched the video here from NY. This is why I also love the Villages and can't wait to move into my home permanently in 2-3 years. What a beautiful voice. I enjoyed listening to one of my favorite songs at the Villages. My only concern was that it didn't look like the people were 6 ft. away from each other. Be safe my Village friends. And hope to be back sooner than later! (Don't worry, will only come when this mess is TOTALLY OVER) Wouldn't put anyone at risk.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The Villages Florida

Without all the tourist and hooligans they've been able to repaint the road.

The Villages Florida
Old 03-30-2020, 05:31 PM

Proud to be an American:
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Comfort and Liberty.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	83358  
Old 03-30-2020, 05:44 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for the Abbey Road pic. Been there twice and there are always lots of tourists around.

Last edited by LiverpoolWalrus; 03-30-2020 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Changed there’s to there are
Old 03-30-2020, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIskra View Post
Proud to be an American:
This picture makes me so proud. And the ship is called Comfort.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:51 AM
Platinum member

Talented family making the most of quarantine, Enjoy:

Old 03-31-2020, 04:06 AM
Default Super!

Quote:

Attachment 83326
I love your ideas. They make so much sense. One thing many of us tend to do is fall victim to a feeling of helplessness in crises like this one.

In fact, how about having a permanent thread in each ToTV where people can add ONLY great things to help lift people up. Looking back on all the threads over the year, it seems to me to be worthwhile. I think lots of people would add their thoughts, aspirations, hopes and so on. I really don't mean exaggerated things, just sort of slightly pink-colored.

The threads now are becoming so extremely heavy; it's making it hard to breathe. I'm not certain, but I have a gut feeling that lots of people don't get much lift out of our threads these days, and they may have stopped reading what everybody is saying. At least with a Special Daily Thread, there may be something to hope for. Just MHO.
Closed Thread

Tags
thread, positive, senior, healthcare, hours

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.