Possible Dramatic Changes for TV Recycling

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2019, 10:25 PM
Sage

It is actually the CDDs. They are the ones who are billing you monthly for trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Seems a logical assumption, I thought it was the Developer too who was responsible, not familiar yet with the system of organization in TV.

Never mind about my comment regarding how they collect the garbage in Cuba. Not quite what we want in TV. And they use plastic bags now too sometimes. This is how:
Old 06-10-2019, 12:13 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Into which trash bag should diabetics and heroin addicts put their used needles?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-10-2019, 05:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The problem is that there is no real market for "recyclable" stuff. If a market existed, people would be knocking on you door and asking for your recyclable waste.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:55 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
It is actually the CDDs. They are the ones who are billing you monthly for trash.
NSCUDD, a utility dependent Village district is the entity that bills you for the trash if you live above 44.

Sanitation Information

and

NSCUDD

a budget meeting is taking place this morning at the District Office Board room starting at 9 A.M.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
What's to understand??!? If Waste Management can do it, why can't Morse???
And truthfully, it really isn't necessary to have trash pickup twice a week. One pickup a week would work and be less costly.

What you are calling a shot at the developer happens to be a truism, not a shot. I've also noticed at every opportunity, YOU take a shot at me!

Yes -- the Morse family is obviously too cheap to invest in trash cans, recycle cans and the trucks which can handle the pickup.
I'm not speaking about the residents who are against this; that isn't the reason it isn't done.

So tell me -- how come Waste Management manages to do it in an efficient and environmentally conscious way all over Florida . . . and Morse doesn't???
Maybe I’m missing something but why would the developer of a community be responsible for the purchase of garbage cans for everyone?

This service would be covered by our taxes and we would ALL be responsible for the cost. We’ve had have this type of service at our home and if your garbage can is taken more than once, the rule is you have to buy the next one.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:53 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Into which trash bag should diabetics and heroin addicts put their used needles?
There are already disposal sites for sharps that people with hazardous waste use. Sadly, drug addicts don’t care where they dispose of those materials.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:23 AM
Platinum member

Composting smells. If being turned and maintained properly, you will get the odors of decaying materials. The smell resembles silage if you include greens.

A good working compost pile should have a lot more carbon than nitrogen. Nitrogen matter (lawn clippings, leaves, food scraps and manures) provide the mix for making the enzymes. Easy rule to follow is 1/3 green and 2/3 brown material.

With the requirements needed, the heat and the vermin, I wouldn’t want my neighbor composting.

Last edited by Aces4; 06-10-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,303 Times in 866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Seems a logical assumption, I thought it was the Developer too who was responsible, not familiar yet with the system of organization in TV.
You might want to sign up for the Resident Academy. They can answer all those questions on organization and functions. In addition they provide reference material with contact names and phone numbers so you always have someone to ask whatever questions that come up. I also suggest going back every couple years as things get changed and updated. Here's the link.

VCDD Resident Academy

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-10-2019, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Maybe I’m missing something but why would the developer of a community be responsible for the purchase of garbage cans for everyone?

This service would be covered by our taxes and we would ALL be responsible for the cost. We’ve had have this type of service at our home and if your garbage can is taken more than once, the rule is you have to buy the next one.
When they started that up north in our town the savings to the city far exceeded the cost of the special cans (and trucks). I believe they said they saved almost $750K a year. That was a town of about 75,000. It actually reduced our local taxes by a (very) small amount after year 2. And correct, if a can was stolen (lol) or lost (lol) or if we wanted an extra one it cost $60.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Speaking of which...

Canada To Ban Some Single-Use Plastics? (Poke Here)

Quote:
Canada will ban single-use plastics as early as 2021, Justin Trudeau said on Monday.

The prime minister said the specific items to be banned will be determined based on a science-based review, but the government is considering items such as water bottles, plastic bags and straws.

Trudeau said his government is drawing inspiration from the European Union’s parliament, which voted overwhelmingly in March to impose a wide-ranging ban on single-use plastics to counter pollution from discarded items that end up in waterways and fields. Legislatures of the EU member states must vote on the measure before it takes effect.

“Many other countries are doing that and Canada will be one of them,” Trudeau said. “This is a big step but we know can do this for 2021.”

Less than 10% of plastic used in Canada gets recycled. The government said that 1 million birds and over 100,000 sea mammals worldwide are injured or die each year when they mistake plastic for food or become entangled.

The EU’s measure would affect a range of plastic products for which reasonable alternatives exist, from straws to earbuds, starting in 2021.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:18 AM
Sage

No, it is the CDDs that bills you. NSCUDD is the provider. Let's not play a game of semantics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
NSCUDD, a utility dependent Village district is the entity that bills you for the trash if you live above 44.

Sanitation Information

and

NSCUDD

a budget meeting is taking place this morning at the District Office Board room starting at 9 A.M.

Last edited by biker1; 06-10-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I’m afraid the only difference, even though I applaud the attempt, is the ocean will be filled with glass shards and glass debris. Too many lazy people out there. The only way to manage glass is a healthy deposit on it.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default What was old is new again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I’m afraid the only difference, even though I applaud the attempt, is the ocean will be filled with glass shards and glass debris. Too many lazy people out there. The only way to manage glass is a healthy deposit on it.
I recall about 1959 all bottles were glass. The small ones had a deposit of .02 and the big ones (like the one liter sodas we often buy) were a nickle. Inflation etc that was serious money.

Here in the Villages, I think we have more than one trash collecting company. Ours is waste management. I recall, when we first moved in calling their company the lady I spoke to was very pleasant. I truly wonder and asked her why we BUY paper bags to throw out garden waste and plastic bags to throw out mostly paper and food waste. We both had a good laugh. Imagine if we as I always did in the past, got cardboard boxes that the grocery etc pay to get rid of and filled them with your garden waste-both can be composted. Heck some people are real fans of MELORGANITE. It is minnesota SEWAGE. SELLING their processed POOP all over the United States.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,303 Times in 866 Posts

Any info on the meeting this AM?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-10-2019, 06:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default Re: China not taking our cardboard

Like most international issues it is usually governments and SPUN facts. I recall a documentary on this issue about a year ago.
It seems so many Americans buy Pizza to go and those cardboard boxes due to cooking oil contaminate piles of what is no longer easy to recycle. Burning fuel to ship relatively low value waste cardboard to China so they can recycle it and ship stuff back to us like many things strikes me as insanity.

In the real world the US is taking in nuclear waste from other countries and paying the cost to store it.
As to plastic-several companies are creating wood substitutes from plastic trash. If, you have carpeting and read the information, both the pile and the padding below is largely recycled stuff. Plastic and glass are mixed with road material and we not only get rid of the waste but the road lasts longer.
Aldis, a German owned firm offers no bags. You bring your own an or use boxes that they do not have to pay to dispose of. Savealot does the same thing.
Closed Thread

Tags
meeting, june, baier, villages, recycling

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.