Post Office Station Change

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2018, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts
Default Post Office Station Change

Was having a conversation with a couple friends about the postal situation. One raised the question, could the change be a result of the postal workers union pushing to remove contractors since they are, in effect, doing the same work as their union members. That approach has been taken in other industries.....what are your thoughts?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-28-2018, 07:14 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Possibility but why wait 20 years to force this?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-29-2018, 07:16 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

Doesn't matter why. It's the choice of the USPS. Happens all the time and really isn't any of my business.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Doesn't matter why. It's the choice of the USPS. Happens all the time and really isn't any of my business.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I agree! "THE POST OFFICE"..... one more thing Villagers want to run and can't. Is life a bitch or what?
Old 03-29-2018, 07:53 AM
Sage
Default Feel badly

Our postal carrier came to the house to drop off a few packages yesterday and told me they were being fired. He said they didn’t tell them ahead of time because the post office didn’t want any of them to walk off the job early. I asked our carrier what he was going to do for work and he said he and his wife were both contract carriers and he had no idea what they were going to do since they had no advance notice. I felt so sorry for them both. It seems like such a double standard when employees have to give two weeks notice before quitting, yet employers don’t. ☹️
Old 03-29-2018, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Actually it is our business......we pay for it, part of the governments budget. I know there is a feeling that, at our age, it doesn't matter, we pay our taxes and it isn't hurting us. We live in this dual bubble, and have little interest in how others are impacted.......until it impacts us directly. My original post was just a question on the cause, I know there are a bunch on here that don't care about the result or the impact on others and it wasn't the intent to open the door to that conversation.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-29-2018, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Actually it is our business......we pay for it, part of the governments budget. I know there is a feeling that, at our age, it doesn't matter, we pay our taxes and it isn't hurting us. We live in this dual bubble, and have little interest in how others are impacted.......until it impacts us directly. My original post was just a question on the cause, I know there are a bunch on here that don't care about the result or the impact on others and it wasn't the intent to open the door to that conversation.
When the door is opened, most anything can come in
Old 03-29-2018, 12:50 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

I had a priority mail packaged sent to me with a tracking number, it didn't arrive when it should have so I checked the number and it stated "delivered to agent", I called the post office, they don't like to answer their phone in Lady Lake, but finally got to talk with the postmaster and she stated if the agent picked it up it is considered delivered and I never got the package or reimbursement. I would assume having mail delivered by USPS personal will eliminate that type of problem. I do however feel sorry for those losing their jobs as we have a very nice person that handles our mail, not the same one that was here when the package disappeared.
Closed Thread

Tags
union, postal, change, effect, work

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.