Are Postal Centers “Government Property”?

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2021, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
The original post was about the post office. If the person working in the post office has to deal with clients, for example handing someone a package when standing less than 6 feet away, it is just common sense for the people involved to be wearing masks. No one has suggested wearing a mask where it is not warranted. I don't understand the the whole mask thing throws some people into an uproar. Its not rocket science. ALL the experts say wear the mask, even at outdoor events, when unable to maintain the 6 feet social distancing guideline. And six feet may not even be enough. Someone else said they could find data regarding super spreader events, and tried to downplay those. I found plenty by doing a 5 second google search. I think some people like to twist the facts to fit their way of thinking. Be it as it may, Fauci says - if you are going to socialize or be near people outdoors, wear the mask.
I did not take it that way. I took the OP to mean our mail centers that are OUTDOORS. The US Post Office is INDOORS so of course everyone should be masked all the time. There is no question about that.

Our mail center that is OUTDOORS is not a place where I don my mask for the 15-20 seconds it takes for me to get out of my car/cart and empty my mail box and get beck into the car/cart all with having at least 10 feet between me and the next person. I do not stop to chat without a mask on. I step aside, out of the way, run down the block screaming like a banchee if someone gets near me. (a bit of hyperbole there, LOL.) I hope you understand my point of view even though you will continue to put that mask on for however long it takes you to empty your mailbox at the mail center.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
I listen to the experts who recommend wearing masks. If you feel comfortable possibly spreading the virus to others by not wearing masks, suit yourself. My conscience would never allow me to do that. But for the record, look at all the political rallies, motorcycle rallies, etc., in the past year, where people didn't wear masks outdoors. They were documented to be big super spreader events. Presidential rallies alone led to more than 30,000 additional cases and at least 700 additional deaths.
Interesting. None resulted from the one here at the Polo field.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
I listen to the experts who recommend wearing masks. If you feel comfortable possibly spreading the virus to others by not wearing masks, suit yourself. My conscience would never allow me to do that.
It's YOUR responsibility to protect yourself, not my job to take care of you. I do not have the virus, therefore "science" says I won't pass it on. If I had it, then I would have passed it on to my spouse, and I have not. Do not presume to think that everyone but you has the virus. If you are scared, then protect yourself. I wear my mask when I think that I might need it to protect my spouse when I go out and about. I do not worry about contracting the virus myself, as I am in better shape than almost everyone else that I know that have survived the infection. So, if you think that I am being selfish, oh well. As far as I am concerned, the virus needs to run rampant so that everyone that can survive it will and build immunity. If some die, oh well. Folks also die from the flu, cancer, heart disease, accidents and murder. If we lived forever, we would soon run out of natural resources, in my opinion.
So mask shaming may work on some, but those that use that tactic in fear are just making themselves appear weak. So, the only influence on my wearing a mask is my spouses welfare, not anyone else's.

Oh, and to stay on subject.....NO I have never worn a mask to pick up my mail.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:36 PM
TOTV Moderator

This poor horse has been beat enough.

Thread Closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
centers, “government, property”, postal, mask

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.