Postal Station trash Cans...overflowing

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forebubba View Post
Postal Station garbage.
Why are people putting their garbage in the trash cans at the postal stations? Not all of it its unwanted Mail as bags of what ever is is hanging out the sides of the cans.
People can see the can is overflowing yet they leave their nwanted mail even on top of the can. More unwanted Mail is lying on the ground.
I picked it up and took it home so that the wind does not scatter it all over. Keep the The Villages beautiful. Is it so difficult to take and sort your Mail at home?
This happens a lot at the Buttonwood station. Not sure how the others are.
I suggest the trash cans be removed from the postal stations. No need for them to be there
Old 12-03-2020, 07:41 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

Most people are stupid and selfish and it shows here. Keeping the postal service in cash is the problem. If it were a regular business it would need to be solvent. Our government at work wasting our money.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,411 Times in 5,104 Posts

It seems ironic to me that people are complaining about people who put trash in a trash can. If the cans are overflowing, you either need more cans or you need to empty them more often.

Some people say that you are not even supposed to put junk mail in the trash cans. If that is true, why put 5 trash cans around the mail boxes where people pick up their junk mail? More than 90 percent of my mail is trash.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It seems ironic to me that people are complaining about people who put trash in a trash can. If the cans are overflowing, you either need more cans or you need to empty them more often.

Some people say that you are not even supposed to put junk mail in the trash cans. If that is true, why put 5 trash cans around the mail boxes where people pick up their junk mail? More than 90 percent of my mail is trash.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
Yesterday I was sitting on a bench at the Tierra del Sol postal station after my mile walk from my house, enjoying the kestrel preserve there, when a couple drove up in a gold Toyota (just in case they are reading this). The man got out of the passenger seat with a large soda cup and a big bag of fast food trash and proceeded to stuff them into the trash can there so we could all enjoy it. I thought, “I carry my junk mail home on foot to throw it away. You can’t carry your own garbage home in your car for one minute of driving?” But I said nothing. I’m glad to have the opportunity to vent here.
I see nothing wrong...at least he was throwing trash away in a trash can rather than out the window. However the people who bring the delivered phone books from home to the postal trash cans is unbelievable when they have their home trash picked up twice a week.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:58 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:

Agree!
Old 12-03-2020, 08:03 AM

Don’t be so quick to wish for new rules for everything, eg littering. I agree that WE should keep the villages clean. Garbage pails should be emptied more then once a day.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:

Ah, a voice of reason and logic. People use the cans cause they are there. So, with the fees we pay monthly, they should empty more often or increase the amount of cans. The issue is not the users of the cans...
Old 12-03-2020, 08:08 AM

Someone dropped a big black trash bag of aluminum cans at the Rio Grande postal station. One of the service clubs used to collect them, but I don't know if they are still doing it. But the bag of cans opened and they are all over the landscaping at the back of the mail boxes. They just renovated the air gun range, etc and this trash is unsightly, to say the least. I hope whoever is doing this will stop.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:11 AM

We all get and pay for trash pickup twice a week. What is the big deal to take all your mail home and then sort it. As soon as I get home I sort it all in the garage. Throw junk mail and catalogs in trash. Done before I go in the house.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:17 AM

Hard to believe the discussion on garbage cans. You guys really have a lot of time on your hands. Get involved with all TV has to offer and stop worrying about the garbage 🤦*♀️
Old 12-03-2020, 08:26 AM

Why do you think the trash cans are there for?
Old 12-03-2020, 08:26 AM

Yesterday, there was a new Dukes, glass mayonnaise bottle on top of the trash. I can't imagine why someone didn't throw it in the garbage. Like someone is going to come back and get it. I wouldn't. Could be dampered with.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

People that bring their dog to the postal station and then use the trash can for pet waste disposal bothers me. Other than that I'm glad that we
have them there.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:36 AM

Ok now that you got me started..who do we call for all the garbage along Morse between 44 & 501..oh my gosh I just had a friend visit from WI..and I was embarrassed..we just did a pick up along the preserve path in Bradford..20 brand new residents got together 2weeks ago..and it’s just as BAD AGAIN!! In 2 weeks!! It’s definitely construction garbage..we are not throwing litter in our brand new village we just spent buco bucks to buy!! We should all call the villages..we have a call in now..it is horrible..you should see the path along the new construction in St Catherine’s ..you’d be sick..
Closed Thread

Tags
mail, postal, station, cans, garbage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.