Powder coming out of air conditioning vent

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2019, 01:01 PM

You said you just tiled. Did you cut tiles indoors? The tile dust will stay around for awhile and be difficult to see in the filter. Change your filter.
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 03-03-2019, 03:28 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
Back in MA we had our ducts cleaned once after 30 years or so. It pulled out lots of dust and dirt. The dust in the house went down a lot and it cleared up a lot of my wife's allergies. If we were still there we'd be doing every 5 years or so.

However I hesitate to that here though not so much I though it wouldn't help but because the ducts here are just foil tubes that are pretty fragile. Back in MA the ducts were metal and couldn't be damaged by the brushes used to clean them or be collapsed by the vacuum used to suck the dust out. So if I ever have it done here I'd have to be very convinced the operator know how to clean the ducts used in the Villages.
I wouldn't be concerned, this is pretty standard construction throughout at least the south. My home in NC has the same thing.

Tags
vent, powder, air-conditioning, counter, idea

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.