The Power of Words

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2020, 09:05 AM
Default The Power of Words

I am a seventy-five year old who once a month put a little color in her hair to cover the few white hairs peeking through. Hail the pandemic and no hairdressing salons so “forget the color” started. I witnessed a few white hairs turn into a sea of white foam on top. The salons opened and I decided I would continue to suffer that strange lady in the mirror. The last of the dark dye was cut off and a very self conscious white headed old lady ventured into the grocery store. With mask in place and tepid step, I walked behind a big cart and headed into Publix. A lady, I did not know, pushing a cart full of groceries, looked right at me (I shriveled inside). “What beautiful color hair you have” she exclaimed loudly causing many heads to turn and surprisingly all gave an affirmative nod. Stunned, I thanked her, and quickly moved on. However, she did not realize the tremendous value and affect of her words. With a little lilt in my step I finished my shopping and left that store a very much younger seventy-five year old. Please do not be afraid to say those few kind words, they can change someones life in The Villages, Florida’s Friendliest Home Town.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:55 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Thanks for sharing. This is uplifting to me also as it reminds me there are still nice people out there.
Old 07-20-2020, 10:03 AM

I am a 70 YO male and think that natural hair color is far more lovely than dyed, but I also think each of us should make up our own mind.
Old 07-20-2020, 01:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Glad to hear that that other lady made your day...at first I wasn't sure how your story was going to turn out
Old 07-20-2020, 09:39 PM

I was sorry I never let her know. Maybe she will read this!
Old 07-21-2020, 04:48 AM

Masterfully presented, Ms Rush.
Closed Thread

Tags
white, lady, words, turn, store

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.