Prayers Needed, we might have a live one.

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Location: Wilbur and I live in Ohio 6 mo. and Bradenton, Fl. 6 mo. and want to live in the Villages 12 mo.
Default Prayers Needed, we might have a live one.

Second time we put condo up for sale, first time I chickened out. It is up again since June and we have had a repeat looker. Now they want the Association Papers etc. so looks like they might be serious. I am so excited I can hardly stand it and on the other side afraid to say anything just in case.
We have made several trips to the Villages, have our heart sent on a Bonifay. The good part is we are already living in Bradenton for the winter so we have a place to hang out if Ohio Condo sells. Then we can take our time and figure out just which way to go, new/pre owned. The pre owned seem to be more than the new and I realize everyone wants to get what they paid for in the first place. We are going to have to take a big hit I am afraid but I just want to live in one place. Nancy & Will
Old 12-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Platinum member
Default Excited for you!

Good luck! Let's hope you are on your way to TV in no time!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 12-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Veteran member
Default Fingers crossed for ya...

Everyone crossed their digits for the lovely Diane and I when were were on the home sale roller coaster ride and I'm happy to do the same for you! bt iz hd to tpe tht wy...

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 12-15-2011, 12:45 PM

We feel your excitement - everytime the phone rings we hold our breathe ... a potential buyer!!! Good luck with this - prayers are there too!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Assuming you are looking at the same (model/type) home and similar location, you need to consider the Dollars it takes to get a "new" home liveable, the work involved compared to finding the "right" home that has it done for you, and finally location location location and that does not always mean golf course or water view. Sometimes buying resale works, other times it does not... But you should look at both knowing what your priorities are.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Sage

Thoughts and prayers coming your way for a contract and successful closing.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Default prayers for you

I understand....a friend in real estate told me the other day that usually the only people who want to see your house this time of year with Christmas coming up, are serious lookers as opposed to just the curious ones who are just "window shopping". So I'm hoping for you that this goes through for you.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Platinum member

Lots o' positive vibes for you! Keep an 'end result' picture in your mind's eye!
Old 12-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Gold member

I am sending you my positive thoughts that your condo sells quickly! Good luck to you both!
Old 12-20-2011, 04:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLou View Post
Second time we put condo up for sale, first time I chickened out. It is up again since June and we have had a repeat looker. Now they want the Association Papers etc. so looks like they might be serious. I am so excited I can hardly stand it and on the other side afraid to say anything just in case.
We have made several trips to the Villages, have our heart sent on a Bonifay. The good part is we are already living in Bradenton for the winter so we have a place to hang out if Ohio Condo sells. Then we can take our time and figure out just which way to go, new/pre owned. The pre owned seem to be more than the new and I realize everyone wants to get what they paid for in the first place. We are going to have to take a big hit I am afraid but I just want to live in one place. Nancy & Will

NancyLou, Hope your condo sale goes through. I will agree with the other poster about those looking at homes during the holiday season are serious. When I bought my townhouse almost 14 yrs. ago, I started looking in early December as my apartment lease was up at the end of February. Believe me I was serious about buying as I did not want to venture out into the Chicago cold weather looking at homes on just a lark. I hope you become Frogs in 2012.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.