Pre-owned certified homes

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2007, 03:50 AM
Default Pre-owned certified homes

I was at TV website surfing the pre-owned homes for sale. I noticed some of the homes had a "Certified pre-owned" sticker on their pictures. What does that mean? Does it mean that there is no bond and what else?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Default Re: Pre-owned certified homes

I purchased a pre-owned certified home and what that means is that there was a 1 year warrantee on the heat/ac, water heater, fridge and stove. It doesn't have anything to do with the bond. That depends on what county your in and whether it had been fully paid by the previous owner. There is no bond on homes in Lake county.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:26 PM

As I understand it, The Villages Certified Pre-Owned Home Warranty is available for purchase at the seller's discretion. If a pre-owned home seller is willing to pay for the coverage, it is purchased either from American Home Shield or Old Republic Home Warranty Programs.
These programs are independent of The Villages and sold by these companies to anyone who owns a home. A seller who uses a licensed realtor or a For Sale by Owner seller can purchase these programs directly from the companies and offer them as an incentive to the buyers. Both companies can be found on the internet for further details. Even if a seller is not willing to pay for this coverage, a buyer of a pre-owned home can purchase it for themselves. I recommend that you check out their websites to get the details on your cost for service calls (yes, there is costs) and for items not covered when you make a claim (yes, there are things not covered). Hope this helps.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Veteran member

We bought our pre-owned through Century 21 and our realtor got the coverage for us as a benefit of using her.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 11-11-2007, 09:36 PM

Thank you all for the information.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.