Pre owned home prices negotiable?

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2020, 02:11 PM

Everything is negotiable. (Except new builds) I just closed on a house in March. I made an offer 4k less than the asking price and to include the furniture.This house didnt hit the listing yet with TV. My realtor called me as soon as she saw it. I didnt want to risk losing this particular house so I didnt go any lower. Some houses go so quick. some not. If you have a good realtor, they will advice you correctly. Give Gail Evans a call. Shes marvelous 352-874-1504.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:14 PM

They are for sure. We just bought ours for 10k under asking. Many new homes available, so they have to entice you somehow!
Old 05-14-2020, 05:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barborv View Post
Everything is negotiable. (Except new builds) I just closed on a house in March. I made an offer 4k less than the asking price and to include the furniture.This house didnt hit the listing yet with TV. My realtor called me as soon as she saw it. I didnt want to risk losing this particular house so I didnt go any lower. Some houses go so quick. some not. If you have a good realtor, they will advice you correctly. Give Gail Evans a call. Shes marvelous 352-874-1504.
Another vote for Gail Evans!

kathy
Old 05-15-2020, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Pre-owned, absolutely. However, if someone is selling that has lived in it less than a year, you probably won't get much movement. You are only allowed to sell within the first year for what you paid plus what you can prove you have spent on it, so even at list price, the owner is, at best, breaking even.
Doesn't that only apply to the first owner of a NEW home?
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,902 Times in 914 Posts

Developer controls the new home price, but that doesn't mean that the develop doesn't drop prices. I have mentioned before on here that the developer in Marsh Bend has dropped a new home price $75K from the initial listing, and it still hasn't sold. For a new home for sale by the developer, you have to work with a developer sales rep, not a real estate agent, to get that price and to be in line properly when the price is dropped to your price.

sportsguy
Old 07-12-2020, 11:46 AM
Veteran member
Default Short Sale?

We found a house up on the north side that is gorgeous inside and out. A lot of money was put into this house and it shows. It has been listed on MLS for almost a full year. It is a short sale with a bank approved sale price. Does that mean there are no negotiations allowed? No reason is given for the short sale: divorce, death, etc.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:57 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpd3062 View Post
Are the pre-owned homes listed for sale through the Villages sales website negotiable? I’ve heard they don’t negotiate on The new homes but wasn’t sure on the existing homes.
THEY don't own the pre-owned homes.

THEY do own the NEW homes.

To your question the answer is YES
Old 07-12-2020, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
We found a house up on the north side that is gorgeous inside and out. A lot of money was put into this house and it shows. It has been listed on MLS for almost a full year. It is a short sale with a bank approved sale price. Does that mean there are no negotiations allowed? No reason is given for the short sale: divorce, death, etc.
It is definitely negotiable, but the owner may need permission from the bank to sell it at a lower price.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpd3062 View Post
Are the pre-owned homes listed for sale through the Villages sales website negotiable? I’ve heard they don’t negotiate on The new homes but wasn’t sure on the existing homes.
absolutely they are. There's info out there that pre-owned sell at about 95% of asking price, so you've a bit of wiggle room, depending on the property and the owner.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It is definitely negotiable, but the owner may need permission from the bank to sell it at a lower price.
The listing prices IS the lower price from what I can tell.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Quote:
The listing prices IS the lower price from what I can tell.
A short sale just means that the bank is involved in the sale because the house is being sold for a price that is lower than the owner owes on the mortgage. But, you can make an offer on the house for whatever you think it is worth to you. I would just make an offer and see what happens.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:37 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
I would approach the lender and see what they may be willing to do as it will take a while once you do make an offer to get a price okayed by them. It will be nice to know ahead of time if you need bother at all. The owner is upside down on his loan but I imagine the lender does not want it as a REO.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-12-2020, 04:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I would approach the lender and see what they may be willing to do
That is like asking a car dealer if they will accept an offer lower than the asking price.

The easiest way to find out is to make your offer for the house and specify it will expire in three days. In three days you will have your answer.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
That is like asking a car dealer if they will accept an offer lower than the asking price.

The easiest way to find out is to make your offer for the house and specify it will expire in three days. In three days you will have your answer.
I was going over the changes in their asking price. High was $236k, low was 211.9k. Now asking $218k. The low was last fall with a pending offer that apparently fell through. That’s when they raised the price to the current one. We are planning a trip down next month. Hope to find out more about the situation.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:41 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post

That is not how it works as the lender as well as the owner must approve the offer and being bureaucracies they tend to take their time. An offer's three day time limit means nothing to them. They don't care. My point is that it is a good idea to first attempt to inquire of the lender about what they may be willing to accept so that if it is way out of line you need not waste your time. You can always make whatever offer you want of course.

Not that I claim to be an expert but I have gone through this a few times and bought REOs as well. Some have taken six to nine months to obtain a purchase agreement accepted by all parties concerned.

In negotiations it is of course usually better to get the other side to name a price first. We all know that.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
homes, negotiable, pre, i’ve, wasn’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.