Preemptive Hoarding

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2021, 11:30 AM
Default Preemptive Hoarding

With the unbelievable rise in COVID cases, with hospitals nearing their capacity and many American's still refusing to vaccinate themselves, It's quite apparent that the country "MAY" go into a modified lockdown and once again everyday commodities will be in short supply.

In order to protect myself and my family, I have purchased a deep freezer which is inside my garage and filled with meats. I have stocked-up on everyday items, I have a 180 day supply of required medication and my spare bedroom is filled with everything I will need to survive the next commodity shortage. You may think that I am hoarding, but I am preemptively protecting and providing for my family if the need should arise. I hope that nothing will happen, but just in case, I hope you guys are also taking precautions for the next round of "POSSIBLE" shortages. Be Safe and proactive.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:31 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Obviously nothing was learned from last year.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,369 Times in 2,516 Posts

you-cannot-serious-jpg
Old 08-07-2021, 11:51 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penglobal View Post
With the unbelievable rise in COVID cases, with hospitals nearing their capacity and many American's still refusing to vaccinate themselves, It's quite apparent that the country "MAY" go into a modified lockdown and once again everyday commodities will be in short supply.

In order to protect myself and my family, I have purchased a deep freezer which is inside my garage and filled with meats. I have stocked-up on everyday items, I have a 180 day supply of required medication and my spare bedroom is filled with everything I will need to survive the next commodity shortage. You may think that I am hoarding, but I am preemptively protecting and providing for my family if the need should arise. I hope that nothing will happen, but just in case, I hope you guys are also taking precautions for the next round of "POSSIBLE" shortages. Be Safe and proactive.
Its working Summerfield Walmart shut down

“ COVID-19 has forced the closure of the Walmart in Summerfield.

“The store closed at 2 p.m. Friday for “additional cleaning, sanitizing, and stocking.” The store is scheduled to reopen at 6 p.m. Sunday.

The company would not confirm the reason for the closing, which is taking place during the Florida sales tax holiday, which continues through Monday. Stores like Walmart regularly post huge sales during back-to-school shopping sprees fueled by the tax free holiday.

However, employees told **************.com that COVID-19 was the reason for the store’s closing”
Old 08-07-2021, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,065 Posts

Quote:

Just curious, what is the cutoff for hoarding? If I stay below six month's of medication can I say I am not hoarding? If I only fill a spare bedroom and avoid spilling into the garage then do avoid the hoarding label?

I too want to be prepared for the zombie apocalypse and I'll want to advertise it to all of ToTV but I sure don't want to be accused of hoarding.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-07-2021, 11:58 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,346 Times in 734 Posts

OP: You do you, but you do not need to tell us about it.
Old 08-07-2021, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

How many remember this happening when we thought the US was going to get hit with an A-bomb?
Old 08-07-2021, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
How many remember this happening when we thought the US was going to get hit with an A-bomb?
Panic is interesting. One friend bought a used home. I think it came with his new, used wife. Someone made a fallout shelter in the basement. It was so badly built that pieces kept falling.

We must have about 100 rolls of toilet paper. Gun sales have exploded. Best line I heard was people are buying guns to protect their toilet paper.

How many of us even know how to open a can without and electric can opener? How to use that hook thing on your boy-scout knife, if you can remember where the knife is?

May we never discover what will happen if....................

Last edited by DAVES; 08-07-2021 at 12:37 PM. Reason: added
Old 08-07-2021, 12:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Not me. I was learning how to hide under my school desk to protect me.
Old 08-07-2021, 12:47 PM
Sage

Quote:

May we never find out. A freezer needs electricity. Should the power go out, the food is not covered.
Old 08-07-2021, 12:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Not me. I was learning how to hide under my school desk to protect me.
I too remember that. Did anyone but me realize the Teacher had a heavy desk, the students did not.

In the villages, the best place to hide is in your basement-no one can find you there.
Old 08-07-2021, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,008 Times in 1,736 Posts

I think it is wonderful to be prepared, OP, as long as you remember to use the food and replace with new regularly. You are now ready for hurricanes, tornadoes, Covid shortage, A bomb (in Hawaii we had a few scares relatively recently) or other emergencies. In fact you could even help out a neighbor in need if you chose to. Reminds me of Aesop’s fable of the ant and the grasshopper.
Old 08-07-2021, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,036 Times in 5,328 Posts

Guess we need to find a contractor who specializes in building basements.
Old 08-07-2021, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,419 Times in 2,268 Posts

A failure to plan is a plan to fail..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-07-2021, 01:19 PM

How are ya on ammo?
Closed Thread

Tags
everyday, supply, rise, hope, family

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.