Preemptive Hoarding

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2021, 07:05 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Im stockpiling Twizzlerd
Old 08-10-2021, 06:29 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

BEER! Priorities.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

The only thing to fear is mass hysteria and panic. It is those frightened lemmings that you should fear. The rest of us will be living our daily lives to the fullest and shaking our heads at the panicked lemmings following charlatans off the cliff.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:38 PM

Costco, Walmart and other major retailers limits purchases on paper goods, water & key items amid increased supply chain delays. Folks, I hate to say it, but I told you so. Call me a pessimist, a hoarder or just an idiot, but this is the time to stock-up on vital supplies.

Last edited by Penglobal; 09-24-2021 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:48 PM

Come of people. Fool me one time, shame on you, fool be again, shame on me. The only excuse for stockpiling - if you want to call it that - is to be ready for hurricanes and the like. Being stocked up, so you can wipe yourself for 6 months is just dumb.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penglobal View Post
Costco, Walmart and other major retailers limits purchases on paper goods, water & key items amid increased supply chain delays. Folks, I hate to say it, but I told you so. Call me a pessimist, a hoarder or just an idiot, but this is the time to stock-up on vital supplies.
Shopped at Costco, sams, Trader Joe’s, and Whole Foods today! Not a limit on anything in any of the stores. I take that back there was a limit on air freshener that were on sale.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Shopped at Costco, sams, Trader Joe’s, and Whole Foods today! Not a limit on anything in any of the stores. I take that back there was a limit on air freshener that were on sale.
We were at Sam's in Lady Lake this afternoon.
Signs were up limiting how much paper goods customers were allowed to buy.
Shelves were 80% or more wiped out of toilet paper.
Kleenex about 50% wiped out (oops, unintentional pun).

Paper towels....bountiful (there's another one!) supplies.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
You're right about the supply chain problems but not because of a lockdown situation. However, knock on wood because who knows what may be coming down the pike in the winter???

I've been doing my holiday shopping early, and have been buying throughout the summer because I can envision a scenario where there will be "supply chain" issues with kids toys and other popular holiday items.
Old 09-24-2021, 06:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
We were at Sam's in Lady Lake this afternoon.
Signs were up limiting how much paper goods customers were allowed to buy.
Shelves were 80% or more wiped out of toilet paper.
Kleenex about 50% wiped out (oops, unintentional pun).

Paper towels....bountiful (there's another one!) supplies.
By the stores I shopped at in one day, good guess, I was not shopping in TV.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
You're right about the supply chain problems but not because of a lockdown situation. However, knock on wood because who knows what may be coming down the pike in the winter???

I've been doing my holiday shopping early, and have been buying throughout the summer because I can envision a scenario where there will be "supply chain" issues with kids toys and other popular holiday items.
So what really has changed to be so far off the "normal" supply routine.

Covid? I don't believe that.

People collecting more money staying home?
I don't believe that either. Too many people out looking for jobs.

My opinion.
The above and other related excuses being used by suppliers to operate with a lower level of output/delivery while leveraging prices going up.

Lower operating costs and higher prices and a silent consumer base. Every business' dream formula!
Old 09-25-2021, 08:46 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
so what really has changed to be so far off the "normal" supply routine.

Covid? I don't believe that.

People collecting more money staying home?
I don't believe that either. Too many people out looking for jobs.

My opinion.
The above and other related excuses being used by suppliers to operate with a lower level of output/delivery while leveraging prices going up.

Lower operating costs and higher prices and a silent consumer base. Every business' dream formula!
exactly!
Old 09-25-2021, 09:52 AM
Veteran member
Default whats your address ?

I may get hungry ........

Quote:
With the unbelievable rise in COVID cases, with hospitals nearing their capacity and many American's still refusing to vaccinate themselves, It's quite apparent that the country "MAY" go into a modified lockdown and once again everyday commodities will be in short supply.

In order to protect myself and my family, I have purchased a deep freezer which is inside my garage and filled with meats. I have stocked-up on everyday items, I have a 180 day supply of required medication and my spare bedroom is filled with everything I will need to survive the next commodity shortage. You may think that I am hoarding, but I am preemptively protecting and providing for my family if the need should arise. I hope that nothing will happen, but just in case, I hope you guys are also taking precautions for the next round of "POSSIBLE" shortages. Be Safe and proactive.
Closed Thread

Tags
everyday, supply, rise, hope, family

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.