Preemptive Hoarding

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2021, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
May we never find out. A freezer needs electricity. Should the power go out, the food is not covered.
Probably has a primary and backup generator......
Old 08-07-2021, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Not me. I was learning how to hide under my school desk to protect me.
Ya know, that's a pretty good point. The government recommended an action that was entirely useless. Could it be that masks fall into that same category?
Old 08-07-2021, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
Its working Summerfield Walmart shut down

“ COVID-19 has forced the closure of the Walmart in Summerfield.

“The store closed at 2 p.m. Friday for “additional cleaning, sanitizing, and stocking.” The store is scheduled to reopen at 6 p.m. Sunday.

The company would not confirm the reason for the closing, which is taking place during the Florida sales tax holiday, which continues through Monday. Stores like Walmart regularly post huge sales during back-to-school shopping sprees fueled by the tax free holiday.

However, employees told **************.com that COVID-19 was the reason for the store’s closing”
A lot of different Walmart stores are doing a through sanitizing to help cut back on the transmission of covid... period... nothing more... no need to over stock , you should have food /products / meds, at least to last 2 weeks... as a normal during hurricane season.
Old 08-07-2021, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecmo View Post
How are ya on ammo?
Unfortunately I lost all my firearms in a tragic boating accident..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-07-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penglobal View Post
With the unbelievable rise in COVID cases, with hospitals nearing their capacity and many American's still refusing to vaccinate themselves, It's quite apparent that the country "MAY" go into a modified lockdown and once again everyday commodities will be in short supply.

In order to protect myself and my family, I have purchased a deep freezer which is inside my garage and filled with meats. I have stocked-up on everyday items, I have a 180 day supply of required medication and my spare bedroom is filled with everything I will need to survive the next commodity shortage. You may think that I am hoarding, but I am preemptively protecting and providing for my family if the need should arise. I hope that nothing will happen, but just in case, I hope you guys are also taking precautions for the next round of "POSSIBLE" shortages. Be Safe and proactive.
Sounds like an old Twilight Zone episode.
Old 08-07-2021, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
More like trolling really.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 08-07-2021, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
Exactly! No hoarding or bullets here. We do not live in fear.
Old 08-07-2021, 04:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
Mine is probably the only thing I've continuously carried for probably 40 years.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	p38.jpg
Views:	932
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	90374  
Old 08-07-2021, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
With the unbelievable rise in COVID cases, with hospitals nearing their capacity and many American's still refusing to vaccinate themselves, It's quite apparent that the country "MAY" go into a modified lockdown and once again everyday commodities will be in short supply.

In order to protect myself and my family, I have purchased a deep freezer which is inside my garage and filled with meats. I have stocked-up on everyday items, I have a 180 day supply of required medication and my spare bedroom is filled with everything I will need to survive the next commodity shortage. You may think that I am hoarding, but I am preemptively protecting and providing for my family if the need should arise. I hope that nothing will happen, but just in case, I hope you guys are also taking precautions for the next round of "POSSIBLE" shortages. Be Safe and proactive.
I've got plenty of toilet paper. I'm good!
Old 08-07-2021, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Guess we need to find a contractor who specializes in building basements.
I can't help it. He is underwater.
Old 08-07-2021, 06:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Hello -
Thanks, but no MRE's for my family. Except for fresh food, I have a sufficient amount of food that should last at least three months. Regarding ammunition, most stores are all sold out, but as a good country gal, I always collected my brass and I do my own re-loads.
How do you keep fresh food for 3 months? During last hurricane, Groceries were just bare racks and flooded tunnels . I arrive the first flight into Orlando after the Hurricane, no grocery in the house since we had been gone for 4 months. I couldn’t buy groceries much less TP
Old 08-07-2021, 06:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
How do you keep fresh food for 3 months? During last hurricane, Groceries were just bare racks and flooded tunnels . I arrive the first flight into Orlando after the Hurricane, no grocery in the house since we had been gone for 4 months. I couldn’t buy groceries much less TP
Publix had plenty of food! There were 3 flooded tunnels max. The streets were all drivable. Minimal impact from the hurricane. Please stop trying to make people panic for no reason.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Publix had plenty of food! There were 3 flooded tunnels max. The streets were all drivable. Minimal impact from the hurricane. Please stop trying to make people panic for no reason.
Well since you don’t live in my house. NO CAR, and the tunnel to grocery was flooded. I didn’t panic, I ordered Amazon and broke out the hurricane kit. Our friends lost power for 10 days, but maybe they lied about it to Frighten people.
If you find my post Of my personal experience incorrect you must be hiding in my garage.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,510 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Exactly! No hoarding or bullets here. We do not live in fear.
Although, I do have around 6 months worth of toilet paper. That's a habit I've had for years though. I used to get rewards at Staples for returning ink cartridges from friends and family, and always traded it in for the same thing every month: toilet paper, a case of water, and paper towels.

Now, I have to actually pay for them but I still keep several months's worth of TP and at least a week's worth of bottled water.

Edited to add: I don't "hoard" it. I just buy a couple 9-packs when it's on sale, after I'm down around the same amount.

Last edited by OrangeBlossomBaby; 08-07-2021 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Well since you don’t live in my house. NO CAR, and the tunnel to grocery was flooded. I didn’t panic, I ordered Amazon and broke out the hurricane kit. Our friends lost power for 10 days, but maybe they lied about it to Frighten people.
If you find my post Of my personal experience incorrect you must be hiding in my garage.
The streets were not flooded and passable with cars. The supermarkets had plenty of food. I never hide anywhere I have zero fear!
Closed Thread

Tags
everyday, supply, rise, hope, family

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.