Prevailing wind

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Default Prevailing wind

Here's one for you long-time residents

I shall be away for a few months and want to leave my small citrus trees in pots somewhere outside so that they get watered by the rain. However, as wind is very drying, I want to put them along the side of the house that gets the least direct wind. Is there a dominant wind direction between April and July?

Thank you
Old 03-14-2010, 04:00 AM
Sage

TV radar weather usually shows storms coming in from the West.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Sage

The majority of weather systems in the US have a general west to east track. But since the majority of time is not stormy (hopefully!) the the location of the high pressure system, at that time of year, plays the bigger part in normal wind direction.

Batman's description seems very accurate.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Default Prevailing winds

Thank you all for the helpful information
Old 03-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Sage

I would guess between April and July the north side would get the least wind according to Batman's desc.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Gold member

Wind direction aside, I will be amazed if a potted plant can be left alone with only rainfall and still survive. My potted plants required water multiple times per week during the warmer months - in addition to any rainfall that they received. The wind had little to do with this since unlike now, once the summer comes, there is precious little wind of any kind except during a thunderstorm. I would either arrange for someone to water them or buy a timer along with a drip system to keep them watered.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.