The Price of Flowers

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Veteran member
Default The Price of Flowers

I just went online to try and send a friend some flowers in the hospital in Ocala. Good grief!! The flowers alone were over $40.00 (small vase of baby roses and carnations), then add on the delivery charge, WIRE charge (what is that??) and tax...now we're up to $56.75. What happened to the days when you could send flowers and balloons for around $25.00?

Wow...
Old 04-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Gold member

Yikes, expensive! While this won't solve your problem, if you need to pick up a pretty flower arrangement, you can get great buys at TV Hospital gift shop! I am amazed at how nice they for a reasonable amount. They don't deliver but it's a great place to pick up a nice arrangement.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo View Post
I just went online to try and send a friend some flowers in the hospital in Ocala. Good grief!! The flowers alone were over $40.00 (small vase of baby roses and carnations), then add on the delivery charge, WIRE charge (what is that??) and tax...now we're up to $56.75. What happened to the days when you could send flowers and balloons for around $25.00? Wow...
I agree. Even the most modest flowers, daisies and carnations with vase, cost $60 or $70 with delivery. And to supersize, yikes.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.