The prices of Golf Carts are C R A Z Y !

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2021, 05:24 PM
Default The prices of Golf Carts are C R A Z Y !

Now that I have moved into The Villages, I have decided on buying a new / used golf cart and the current prices on golf carts are just crazy. The new carts at The Villages Golf Shops are about 15% more than last year, they are offering no incentives and there is no availability. Some new cart's are taking over two months for delivery. When the snow birds come down in a few months with all their money, I get this feeling the prices are just going to increase even more.
Also the asking prices on the used golf cart's sold by individuals are close to full retail. I just can't believe what's going on with inflation. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 08-02-2021, 07:15 PM
Platinum member

Pick out what you want on a Yamaha and have then give you a price at Villages Golf Carts and then go down to Webster FL near Bushnell to Country Village Power Equipment and you get a much better price and nice people to deal with. There will probably be a wait because everyplace is having trouble getting supplies. If you want used, keep checking this site and the NextDoor site for used.
Old 08-02-2021, 07:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,659 Times in 962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penglobal View Post
Now that I have moved into The Villages, I have decided on buying a new / used golf cart and the current prices on golf carts are just crazy. The new carts at The Villages Golf Shops are about 15% more than last year, they are offering no incentives and there is no availability. Some new cart's are taking over two months for delivery. When the snow birds come down in a few months with all their money, I get this feeling the prices are just going to increase even more.
Also the asking prices on the used golf cart's sold by individuals are close to full retail. I just can't believe what's going on with inflation. Any suggestions? Thanks
why would they give incentives if they have no availability?
Old 08-02-2021, 07:41 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Snow birds are not going to increase prices. Supply and demand will
Old 08-02-2021, 07:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Between your post on Houses and now golf carts.....are you sure you want to move here?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-03-2021, 12:17 AM

Second for Country Village Power Equipment.
Old 08-03-2021, 04:47 AM
Veteran member

Who’s going to work on these golf carts? Not local.
Old 08-03-2021, 04:54 AM

Welcome to The Villages. You'll most likely find everything from food to services to goods are more expensive in Florida than they are where you're coming from. There's some balance/trade-off since we pay no state taxes. As for golf carts, there's some service advantage to buying from The Villages cart stores, but a lot of people buy elsewhere...it's about what perks and convenience you want in your retirement life.
Old 08-03-2021, 05:14 AM
Veteran member

Villages Discount Golf Carts on 466, East of Morse Blvd.
Old 08-03-2021, 05:15 AM

Not sure what prices are but locally plenty of stock of those carts in Melbourne 2021 Advanced EV 2+2 Non Lifted
$8,995.00 not sure if that’s a good price but seek and ye shall find
Old 08-03-2021, 05:43 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

Willie the golf cart guy
Old 08-03-2021, 05:54 AM
Veteran member

I second the Villages Discount Golf Carts on 466....right next to Birdies golf. Got my cart there ( 2020) . It is actually a golf cart used in tournaments ( like a demo). Much cheaper than The Villages Golf carts, will service at your house too!
Old 08-03-2021, 05:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
Pick out what you want on a Yamaha and have then give you a price at Villages Golf Carts and then go down to Webster FL near Bushnell to Country Village Power Equipment and you get a much better price and nice people to deal with. There will probably be a wait because everyplace is having trouble getting supplies. If you want used, keep checking this site and the NextDoor site for used.
I made the mistake of buying a new cart in Webster a couple years ago much better price but they have NO SERVICE unless you bring the cart to them...

Carts and Clubs a few miles N of the villages is better pricing and they have service trucks that come to your home
Old 08-03-2021, 06:08 AM
Veteran member

And they even removed the grass cutting blade so you cant use it to cut your grass!
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penglobal View Post
Old 08-03-2021, 06:12 AM

The wait for a new cart is now 5 months. Yes, the Villages Golf Carts are more expensive. But you get a loaner cart while you wait for the new cart. We chose to buy from the Villages Golf Carts-we got great service and had a loaner cart for 3 months until our new cart arrived.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, carts, prices, villages, months

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.