The Prices Of Homes Are C R A Z Y !

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2021, 09:49 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
You’re probably unaware that minorities often have a much lower source of income and may struggle with rent payments which makes some landlords take great steps to avoid renting to them. Landlords will consider them bad tenants and will work illegally to avoid renting. That was my point.
My God, are you serious???
Old 07-04-2021, 06:21 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
My God, are you serious???
Sorry to say but they probably are.
Old 07-04-2021, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

Just wondering, how is renting a place so different from renting a car? Both things belong to someone else. If you can’t afford to rent a car who is going to let you have one? Or if you go shopping but you can’t afford to buy anything? I’m talking about private owners not gov’t. It make sense to qualify renters (within legal requirements) or simply not rent one’s place at all.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:35 PM
Default Cooling down

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyLW View Post
I think I'm going to wait for prices to stabilize in the next year or so. If the prices in the Villages remain high then I'll purchase out side, but close to the Villages, or even in the Orlando area. Only time will tell, but after the pandemic and giving everything time to catch up, we'll see what our choices are.
bunch of new articles coming out that indicate a cooling off in many markets more inventory buyer pools shrinking building costs starting to drop.. motley fool has an article about a pending housing crash.. who knows really we are hoping for a drop in prices I’m seeing a lot more inventory of new homes. The old stuff not even interested in way overpriced.. it’s a waiting game and with this new surge who knows what’s gonna happen.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:46 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,013 Times in 520 Posts
Default Reduction in prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnlaura View Post
bunch of new articles coming out that indicate a cooling off in many markets more inventory buyer pools shrinking building costs starting to drop.. motley fool has an article about a pending housing crash.. who knows really we are hoping for a drop in prices I’m seeing a lot more inventory of new homes. The old stuff not even interested in way overpriced.. it’s a waiting game and with this new surge who knows what’s gonna happen.
Um ya, I don’t see the reduction you are waiting for. Demand for housing is increasing, but the inventory just isn’t there. Maybe a flattening of prices? The country had 3.8 million fewer housing units than it needed at the end of 2020.

With that in mind, there may be a decrease in demand at some point? Higher prices will decrease the pool of eligible buyers, but the market demand will continue to stimulate supply. Credit rules haven’t eased much leading to some kind of financial collapse, but they might ease because of the homeless situation brewing after the renter moratorium fold. A market equilibrium just might come, but it’s still a fair time away. There won’t be a housing collapse like the one in 08 that was linked to bad loan behavior and the banks.

“Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further.” Thomas Carlyle

Last edited by Normal; 08-02-2021 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Incomplete
Old 08-02-2021, 01:57 PM

Just curious which Lancaster are you talking about Ohio? Pennsylvania?, California? Also If you decide to but you best do it now, especially if your financing so you can lock your rate in before they start to dramatically increase...... I wish you the best of luck in finding a place in this incredible community. You are making a wise decision. History states that the average villager moves 3 times within the villages during their lifetime.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:52 PM

Just curious which Lancaster are you talking about Ohio? Pennsylvania?, California? Also If you decide to but you best do it now, especially if your financing so you can lock your rate in before they start to dramatically increase...... I wish you the best of luck in finding a place in this incredible community. You are making a wise decision. History states that the average villager moves 3 times within the villages during their lifetime.

Hello friend,
I originate from Lancaster Pennsylvania but spent my formative years at State College. Also I found a lovely rental in a brand new home. Thanks for asking. Yourself ?

Last edited by Penglobal; 08-02-2021 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:15 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
You’re probably unaware that minorities often have a much lower source of income and may struggle with rent payments which makes some landlords take great steps to avoid renting to them. Landlords will consider them bad tenants and will work illegally to avoid renting. That was my point.
You are obviously unaware that African Americans (which is mainly what we are talking about) have, on the whole, made numerous lifestyle choices that limit their income:

77.3% blacks are born out of wedlock

Blacks comprise 13% of the population but 51.6% of all arrests of murder.

These and other choices are why African Americans have lower incomes while Asian Americans have higher incomes than white Americans.

You are entitled to your opinion but not your own facts. And many time the facts do not align with the main stream media agenda.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:43 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
You are obviously unaware that African Americans (which is mainly what we are talking about) have, on the whole, made numerous lifestyle choices that limit their income:

77.3% blacks are born out of wedlock

Blacks comprise 13% of the population but 51.6% of all arrests of murder.

These and other choices are why African Americans have lower incomes while Asian Americans have higher incomes than white Americans.

You are entitled to your opinion but not your own facts. And many time the facts do not align with the main stream media agenda.
I did not indicate your facts otherwise with my statement. I was pointing out rental redlining that many landlords are employing through different methods even though it is unlawful. No where did I indicate why there was income discrepancy between the races as you have done.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:08 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

Thanks, I appreciate that. We walk away friends.
Old 08-03-2021, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Um ya, I don’t see the reduction you are waiting for. Demand for housing is increasing, but the inventory just isn’t there. Maybe a flattening of prices? The country had 3.8 million fewer housing units than it needed at the end of 2020.

With that in mind, there may be a decrease in demand at some point? Higher prices will decrease the pool of eligible buyers, but the market demand will continue to stimulate supply. Credit rules haven’t eased much leading to some kind of financial collapse, but they might ease because of the homeless situation brewing after the renter moratorium fold. A market equilibrium just might come, but it’s still a fair time away. There won’t be a housing collapse like the one in 08 that was linked to bad loan behavior and the banks.
don’t forget we have a massive shadow inventory of pending foreclosures of plus or minus 4 million homes. We have massive rental evictions coming now the moratorium has been lifted.. and I would think a lot of those burnt will be selling those rentals. Lumbar prices have bottomed out. The villages is moving to precast building significant as it reduces time to build and cost.. sadly no one has a crystal ball. But this reminds me of the stock boards.. stocks gonna rocket buy buy buy and what happens ? What goes up must come down
Old 08-03-2021, 05:33 AM

Homebuyers who have the ability to wait for the bidding wars to disappear, prices to stagnate, and listings to stay on the market longer will get more house for their dollar," says Hager. "Homebuyers who can afford to sit on the sidelines during this overheated housing market will definitely be rewarded."
Old 08-03-2021, 06:55 AM
Veteran member

There are facts: people are leaving certain states because how they are run, crime, taxes, etc.., that's a fact.
Housing prices will continue to go up if the demand outpaces the supply. Fact of life.
If you sell a house today to buy in TV, you are also selling at a premium and buying at a premium, hopefully it will be a wash.
If you want to buy in TV, find the best you can afford in the area you want and don't think what the future will do to your house prices, just enjoy life.
Old 08-03-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnlaura View Post
These are facts
Old 08-03-2021, 07:09 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,013 Times in 520 Posts
Default Stability

I don’t see the financials taking a 2008 type hit. It just isn’t going to happen. There isn’t that much debt out there.

“Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further.” Thomas Carlyle
Closed Thread

Tags
prices, home, homes, villages, susan

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.