Priority Golf Memberships

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2016, 11:57 AM
Default Priority Golf Memberships

I would love to know what the logic behind the pricing is. 590 for 6 months vs. 740 for 12 months. Is it justified by the difference in the discount in the different seasons?
Old 10-25-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednetdl View Post
I would love to know what the logic behind the pricing is. 590 for 6 months vs. 740 for 12 months. Is it justified by the difference in the discount in the different seasons?
Justified by Managements decision to do it however they wish. It always costs more for a part time membership to almost anything than an annual membership price. Sounds like a snowbird wanting a six month deal for $370 instead of $590, just like the ones who don't want to pay for trash pickup when they are up North and want their TV service pro rated for six months.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:22 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Volume purchase discount.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

If you're like me, from May 1st to Sept 30th when 11am discount rates are in effect, I always play at 11:56 or later (second wave). The priority membership will only save you $3 a round if you are playing at that time. For example regular after 11am is $23, Priority would be $20.

I took the six month membership at 3 courses (Havana, Mallory & Cane) back in 2011 during the high season for $490, that was Oct to April and I just about broke even. So no more priority membership for me. You need to play 2 to 3 times a week to come out ahead, I only played once and maybe twice on occasion a week.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
If you're like me, from May 1st to Sept 30th when 11am discount rates are in effect, I always play at 11:56 or later (second wave). The priority membership will only save you $3 a round if you are playing at that time. For example regular after 11am is $23, Priority would be $20.

I took the six month membership at 3 courses (Havana, Mallory & Cane) back in 2011 during the high season for $490, that was Oct to April and I just about broke even. So no more priority membership for me. You need to play 2 to 3 times a week to come out ahead, I only played once and maybe twice on occasion a week.
Exactly, it's a math thing....but don't forget to factor in the trail fees for Executives.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-26-2016, 05:05 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
You might go back one more step and ask what is the logic for purchasing Priority Membership. The optimum for such membership can be traced to those people who participate in championship golf championships or who golf in a foursome (all with priority) on a regular bases on championship courses as you progress down ward the membership loses its value so that if you are the only one in your foursome with priority you will need to play a lot of golf on championship courses to get your money's worth. And I have not even factored in the lower fees for golf courses off campus.

I had priority for 6 years roughly that adds up to $4800. Now divide that by the average fees on outside courses and that is a lot of golf

But I know and understand its a personal thing
Old 10-26-2016, 05:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
If you play with regular groups on the championship courses, unless everyone in the group is a priority member...it's harder to get your preferred courses/times (especially during peak season).

My regular groups all require priority membership, as even one non-priority member in a group of 16-24 people...will adversely affect your choices on courses and times.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
You might go back one more step and ask what is the logic for purchasing Priority Membership. The optimum for such membership can be traced to those people who participate in championship golf championships or who golf in a foursome (all with priority) on a regular bases on championship courses as you progress down ward the membership loses its value so that if you are the only one in your foursome with priority you will need to play a lot of golf on championship courses to get your money's worth. And I have not even factored in the lower fees for golf courses off campus.

I had priority for 6 years roughly that adds up to $4800. Now divide that by the average fees on outside courses and that is a lot of golf

But I know and understand its a personal thing
Sorry, but I have to disagree. The point system for number of golfers in a foursome with PM only applies to advance reservation, nothing to do with fee discount. You save $5/round in the summer, $10 in the fall, and $ 15 in the winter, or about $9.60/ round weighted year round. The PM fee for all 12 courses and 2 people is $925/yr I have 138 rounds in so far, or about 160/year for $1536 savings. When my wife gets heathy again she'll add another 60 rounds or so, another $576. That's $2112 for my $925, not to mention $4 for any exec rounds.

The break even point is 96 rounds/ year or a couple playing just under once a week--and it is less if you join fewer clubs.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:17 AM
Gold member

Priority golf is a very good deal for me, a full-time resident. I play twice a week on championship courses, and once or twice a week on executive courses. The break even point is around twice a week on the championships, but you also avoid paying any trail fees (around $140/year for a couple or $4.00 per round) and you get priority pool membership, which we enjoy.
Closed Thread

Tags
months, justified, seasons, discount, difference

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.