Priority Mail Delivery???

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2021, 06:15 AM
Veteran member

Nope!!
Old 03-31-2021, 06:16 AM

Thank the Postmaster General Louis DeJoy for his excellent leadership and operational plan.
Old 03-31-2021, 06:29 AM
Default Mail issues

I have had problems for years as a snowbird with mail forwarding, but thus year is by far the worse. I received a Christmas card 3 weeks ago!
Lost packages twice that were never found. Then last week I sent mail to Idaho and they got it in two days!!
Old 03-31-2021, 06:33 AM

The USPS isn’t known for good service.
Old 03-31-2021, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickofSnow View Post
Is anyone else having problems with mail delivery? A 3 day priority mail envelope was mailed to me March 22 from New England. I have yet to receive it. Meanwhile, a package was mailed from the same location regular mail this past Friday to Los Angeles, and it was delivered yesterday! What is up with the Florida mail system?
I sent cards out reg. mail 10 days before Christmas, one card was returned to me the middle of Jan. resent it the same day in a new envelope, reach the US destination first week in March.
Old 03-31-2021, 06:36 AM

Why pick on Florida...look at NE better yet the entire snail mail .. postal system has been a mess for years and getting worse.. do you have a tracking number?....check it, file a claim and move on..
Old 03-31-2021, 06:51 AM

We have had problems with mail delivery off and on since we moved here permanently this past May. This included forwarded mail and mail addressed to our current address. I have “informed delivery” emails so I can tell from the scanned pieces of mail what has been received and should be delivered. I had several important documents to never get delivered. Going to the main post office in Lady Lake to discuss with a supervisor didn’t help either as all she did was make excuses and blame it on the “new carrier.” Even now, after all forwarded mail has been updated to the new address, there continue to be delays and undelivered mail.

I also mailed Christmas packages from the new post office. There were 5 boxes sent out, with 2 going to the same address. One of those 2 arrived a month later! I will use FedEx or UPS for packages in the future.
Old 03-31-2021, 06:53 AM
Default USPS Priority—Never Again!

Insured Priority Mail package with all our tax documents on its way to our accountant lost in mid-February. Still somewhere in Orlando? Inquiry closed—twice. Trying to recreate contents. Stupid me didn’t keep copies. No more USPS for me!!
Old 03-31-2021, 07:01 AM

I sent cards with money (check) to my granddaughters on December 5. They just got them 2 weeks ago. Also, Amazon notified me that 2 packages were delivered on 2 different days to the Villages Postal Station. I never got them.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:07 AM
Default Tell your congressman about the post office

The issue with the post office is money. For years the post office has not been bringing in enough money to cover its costs and as a result was depending on federal government supplementary funding. The former administration installed a new postmaster general to cut costs. He has accomplished this by reducing overtime and slowing mail delivery. All very reasonable given his mandate.

The problem is that some of us would like to have a faster and more dependable mail system. The question is how to pay for it? If we take no action, mail service will keep getting worse until its inline with its revenue. Possible solutions include increasing postal rates and/or federal government funding.

If you are unhappy with the current path of slower less dependable mail service, you should write (really email) your congressmen telling them so and what you would like to see done about it. In the same light, if you agree with the current plan to reduce costs, you should also tell them so.

They really do listen and do respond to issues that their voters write them about.

You can find links to email to your members of congress at govtrack.us .
Old 03-31-2021, 07:08 AM

Yes. Several times recently it has taken weeks for me to receive mail and visa versa. Odd that my Rx by mail comes immediately and of course Amazon manages to deliver practically overnight, but US mail has definitely changed. It's almost as if it's intentional.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:19 AM

As the mother of a postal worker, and based on their information, Fed Ex and UPS pass some of there smaller parcels, boxes, etc. to the post offices. Since before Christmas mail and parcels have been piling up in semis because many people ordering from businesses online has increased tremendously due to the pandemic. So please be patient and be kind to your local mail delivery person.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:28 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Anything important should be sent FedEx or UPS. The govern mail is a gamble on even being delivered.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:00 AM

I recently paid $13 for three day priority and it took two weeks to get there. Never again will I send priority. Regular mail would probably have arrived sooner. Also have issues with our mail house. Often we get others mail and vice versa.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:07 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,201 Times in 463 Posts

Postal service here is terrible. Now the USPS wants to raise prices and extend delivery times to a system that stinks to begin with. Surely, that will attract a vast number of increased customers! Daaaaa.
Closed Thread

Tags
mail, mailed, priority, delivery, angeles

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.