Priority Pool Memberships Extended?

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2020, 12:44 PM
Default Priority Pool Memberships Extended?

I just talked to the Tee Time/Membership office that handles the priority pool memberships. I ask her if there had been a decision made on extending our priority pool memberships because of Covid19 shutting down the pools, & she said no. She then told me to go to the website Golf The Villages to let them know how I felt. She said they do read our comments. I just sent in a email that the pool memberships should be extended, & why. Now the pools are open, but not the hot tubs which is what I used regularly because of having 2 back surgeries. This shouldn’t be a difficult decision if they expect me to continue buying a yearly membership.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:38 PM

Maybe I’m the only one who feels this way but I don’t feel that I’m owed an extension on my membership. If everything was closed due to a hurricane or some other disaster, we wouldn’t expect that would we? It would be different if they were at fault and the pools were closed, but they’re not. I feel it’s part of this whole process that affects us all in different ways.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:44 PM

Although I'm guessing even with the closure they may have had maintenance cost. Just my position but I can afford my gym membership and can easily absorb a couple months.

No principle here. Something happened out of everyone's control. Stuff happens. Live goes on. Let's try and put this behind us and get on with life in paradise as best as we can

Last edited by timinthevillages; 05-28-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Agree with the responses.....it's not inexpensive to live here and we all seem to be able to afford it. Why do some believe it necessary that they get refunds or compensation when something happens outside of the control of the service providers? Villager greed?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-28-2020, 03:01 PM

Not going to happen. By virtue of the pools reopening with no word of a refund or extension, I believe you have received an answer. As someone mentioned they incurred costs during the shutdown. We re-upped for another 12.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleBailey View Post
I just talked to the Tee Time/Membership office that handles the priority pool memberships. I ask her if there had been a decision made on extending our priority pool memberships because of Covid19 shutting down the pools, & she said no. She then told me to go to the website Golf The Villages to let them know how I felt. She said they do read our comments. I just sent in a email that the pool memberships should be extended, & why. Now the pools are open, but not the hot tubs which is what I used regularly because of having 2 back surgeries. This shouldn’t be a difficult decision if they expect me to continue buying a yearly membership.
If you have a medical need for a hot tub you probably should install one at your property, so you don't EVER have to rely on 1) a hot tub being open when you want to use it, and 2) an open hot tub having room for YOU when you happen to show up wanting to use it.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

It would be GREAT if all our paid dues/memberships for clubs and other things were extended for three months. I mean it'd be stellar, honestly. But I don't expect it, and I don't feel like we need to be demanding it. If it's that big a deal to you, you can just cancel your priority membership and buy your own tub have your own pool installed, or arrange for the bridge club to meet at your house instead of the rec center, or buy some land nearby and build your own archery range, etc. etc. etc.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:33 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timinthevillages View Post
Although I'm guessing even with the closure they may have had maintenance cost. Just my position but I can afford my gym membership and can easily absorb a couple months.

No principle here. Something happened out of everyone's control. Stuff happens. Live goes on. Let's try and put this behind us and get on with life in paradise as best as we can
Exactly!
Old 05-29-2020, 05:39 AM
Default Agree

So if the MVP gym closes and did not give a refund or extension that would be ok? I don’t think so. The priority pool is a extra expense that we pay for with the expectation of getting a service. And this service was not provided. If it was a building that burned down everyone would want something from them.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleBailey View Post
I just moved here in March what is this priority pool membership? I was never told about it? Thanks in advance for any help! Diana G
Old 05-29-2020, 06:30 AM

Why didn’t you put ?hold on your membership when everything closed
Old 05-29-2020, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Agree with the responses.....it's not inexpensive to live here and we all seem to be able to afford it. Why do some believe it necessary that they get refunds or compensation when something happens outside of the control of the service providers? Villager greed?
I believe you may have hit the nail on the head. Some folks move here without doing a budget. Once here they spend beyond their means and then work to reduce all and any costs. If you cannot afford an activity, either do not do it or figure out a way to pay for it. But do not expect to be given special treatment due to your budget. This behavior is witnessed in a lot of circumstances.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtrans View Post
Maybe I’m the only one who feels this way but I don’t feel that I’m owed an extension on my membership. If everything was closed due to a hurricane or some other disaster, we wouldn’t expect that would we? It would be different if they were at fault and the pools were closed, but they’re not. I feel it’s part of this whole process that affects us all in different ways.
When I first came to The Villages 10 years ago, I can guarantee you they would have done something. It was just smart business. That no longer exists with the kids running the business. It’s all about money. How much is enough.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:22 AM

It is called an act of God !
Old 05-29-2020, 07:25 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russp View Post
So if the MVP gym closes and did not give a refund or extension that would be ok? I don’t think so. The priority pool is a extra expense that we pay for with the expectation of getting a service. And this service was not provided. If it was a building that burned down everyone would want something from them.
And if the gym goes out of business as a result who does that benefit? Businesses have been hit pretty hard. There are people behind these businesses who have expenses whether they are open or not, have employees to pay, have personal bills, have to eat, etc. They did not choose to close, they were ordered to. Maybe the Morse family are in a better financial position but they shouldn’t be expected to just absorb all these losses just because of it. If they choose to, great. Should they have to? I don’t think so.
Closed Thread

Tags
memberships, pool, priority, pools, extended

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.