Priority Pool Memberships Extended?

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
When I first came to The Villages 10 years ago, I can guarantee you they would have done something. It was just smart business. That no longer exists with the kids running the business. It’s all about money. How much is enough.
You may be right but times have changed. I remember my dad talking about how things were different in the old days (good and bad). We can talk about how it use to be and still live in the past or adapt and enjoy today and leave yesterday behind.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:33 AM

We just bought our place in March and were never told about a priority membership either. What is it and how does it work?
Old 05-29-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russp View Post
So if the MVP gym closes and did not give a refund or extension that would be ok? I don’t think so. The priority pool is a extra expense that we pay for with the expectation of getting a service. And this service was not provided. If it was a building that burned down everyone would want something from them.
For me, if MVP closed down, went out of business or burn down I would not expect any compensation. As I stated earlier, stuff happens. But of course that's just me.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:42 AM
Sage

MVP suspended credit card charges for membership while they are closed because of COVID-19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timinthevillages View Post
For me, if MVP closed down, went out of business or burn down I would not expect any compensation. As I stated earlier, stuff happens. But of course that's just me.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Hubby and I pay for The Villages fitness center membership. It would be a nice gesture for all members who pay for this membership to have our memberships extended for one month. It has been over two months that we have not been able to use the facilities so I'm just asking for the Morse family to split the difference with the members. A nice gesture on their part will go a long way.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine w View Post
We just bought our place in March and were never told about a priority membership either. What is it and how does it work?
Go online to Golf The Villages, select the tab 'golfing in the villages', then select 'Priority Memberships' in the drop down. All is explained. If you want to play Championship courses and can do approximately 2-3 rounds per week (per couple membership) it pays for itself. You will need it to play many golf groups on Championship courses.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:25 AM

The pools still had to be maintained during the shutdown so no you shouldn’t get an extension
Old 05-29-2020, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodles View Post
The pools still had to be maintained during the shutdown so no you shouldn’t get an extension
The fitness centers just sat idle during the time they were closed unless a little dusting was done.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:12 AM

Your not the only one who feels that was. Life dealt us this hand as a group not selected few.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:19 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

Not everyone who lives here is financially secure or wealthy, many are living on social security .
Old 05-29-2020, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
When I first came to The Villages 10 years ago, I can guarantee you they would have done something. It was just smart business. That no longer exists with the kids running the business. It’s all about money. How much is enough.

My sense is that "the kids" (as jbrown refers to them) are actually doing a fabulous job "running the business" I don't consider them to be 'rookies' by any stretch...they grew up in this business and I applaud them for the work, the vision, the commitment and the values that they have.

These are different times and different times require different actions...any hypothetical guarantee about what would, or would not have happened 10 years ago is pure BS

We homeowners have little or no insight into what "the kids" are doing to help the area small businesses, and the hundreds of family's who's jobs and livelihood are dependent upon these "kids"

I doubt that anyone living in TV really needs a refund for a couple month's membership fee to a gym or a private pool that at best would amount to 'chump change' to make ends meet

Finally to answer the question of 'how much money is enough/'...it takes a lot of working capital to run a business....those businesses that don't have enough will be joining 'Pier 1' and the other companies that are going out of business because they were poorly managed

Our worse nightmare would be finding out that "the kids" hadn't been good custodians of the business and couldn't make the tough decisions when they needed to be made...and the whole thing is collapsing.... I doubt that that would ever happen, they're very good at what they do
Old 05-29-2020, 10:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl View Post
Not everyone who lives here is financially secure or wealthy, many are living on social security .
Understood...however it's highly unlikely that those folks are shelling out money that they can't afford for private gym fees or private pool fees
Old 05-29-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Personally I’m thankful the kids are still running the business. If it really is “all about money”, they probably would have sold out. Then where would we be?
Old 05-29-2020, 01:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Personally I’m thankful the kids are still running the business. If it really is “all about money”, they probably would have sold out. Then where would we be?

in a pickle for sure
Old 05-29-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
The fitness centers just sat idle during the time they were closed unless a little dusting was done.
Do you know that for a fact or is it possible they paid for a professional sanitizer company.
Closed Thread

Tags
memberships, pool, priority, pools, extended

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.