Priority Pool Memberships Extended?

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2020, 01:37 PM

Removed post someone beat me to the same response.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:15 PM

Same issue with monthly amenity fees - if we cannot postpone for a couple of months, this is a moot. However, with the financial report from the District Government shows the surplus, I anticipate that the fees next year will be reduced accordingly. However, with the private Golf administration, we have no control. Sigh!
Old 05-29-2020, 02:20 PM

I want to contract all you folks that don’t have a care whether you receive what you pay for or not , I will charge you $ to do your yards , your landscaping and then not show up but will keep getting paid , it’s not unreasonable to expect to get reimbursed for what you didn’t receive and bet your backside they laid off employees to get through this time so expenses were minimal , can’t believe the sheep that just roll their eyes and say oh well no big deal . I expect to receive services that I pay for , not just forget it .
Old 05-29-2020, 02:48 PM

I'm a little torn. It would show good faith if they did extend the membership for a month or two if someone should call. That would be the nice thing to do. I have several flights that I cancelled in April, May and one in July. Planes are flying, I just wont go on them now. The airlines extended my travel to up to 2 years. So even though the Villages don't have to extend, maybe they can show a courtesy to the people who might call and ask. Probably most wouldn't think to call anyway.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafDeaf View Post
Same issue with monthly amenity fees - if we cannot postpone for a couple of months, this is a moot. However, with the financial report from the District Government shows the surplus, I anticipate that the fees next year will be reduced accordingly. However, with the private Golf administration, we have no control. Sigh!
You honestly don’t believe that you’ll get a reduction in your fees next year do you ???

If you do , boy do I got some stuff to sell you !!! LOL !
Old 05-29-2020, 03:26 PM

What is the priority membership? And how much does it cost? Is it in addition to the amenity fees?
Old 05-29-2020, 03:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothyimitchell View Post
What is the priority membership? And how much does it cost? Is it in addition to the amenity fees?
Question already answered. See post # 21
Old 05-29-2020, 03:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garwood1 View Post
I want to contract all you folks that don’t have a care whether you receive what you pay for or not , I will charge you $ to do your yards , your landscaping and then not show up but will keep getting paid , it’s not unreasonable to expect to get reimbursed for what you didn’t receive and bet your backside they laid off employees to get through this time so expenses were minimal , can’t believe the sheep that just roll their eyes and say oh well no big deal . I expect to receive services that I pay for , not just forget it .
But you did get services that you paid for. Everything was properly maintained so that they would be available for use when the time comes.

And, Mr. bet-your-backside, employees were paid during the shutdown.
Old 05-29-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garwood1 View Post
For me and me only I'm just not going to upset over a couple 100 bucks. May or may not be a sheep but I'm differently saying oh well. And I'm letting it go.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timinthevillages View Post
Do you know that for a fact or is it possible they paid for a professional sanitizer company.
I honestly don't think sanitizing is necessary after all this time has passed. By now if there was any virus in the fitness centers, it would surely be neutralized (inactive) on its own. The virus doesn't live on surfaces for more than a couple of weeks.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
For me and me only I'm just not going to upset over a couple 100 bucks. May or may not be a sheep but I'm differently saying oh well. And I'm letting it go.
It isn't the money.....it is the principle.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Meanwhile the air conditioning still ran in all the rec centers...maybe turned down. Meanwhile the grass was still cut in the common areas. Meanwhile they still painted and maintained. I noticed it at several Villages gate areas. Meanwhile they did continue to pay their help. Meanwhile hamburger is two dollars a pound. Things are gonna cost more because of this interruption.

About sanitizing? People without symptoms are still actively carrying Covid-19 and walking around touching things. There were 940 new cases of this virus in Florida reported this week. It has waned but still continuing and the people over 65 are still at greatest risk. We lost a friend in Ohio this past week to Covid-19.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:53 AM
Sage

I would be surprised if the amenities fee was reduced because of any surplus. The amenities fee is adjusted each year, on the anniversary of when your house was bought, by the CPI. I would expect that the CDDs will continue with that obligation. Perhaps GoldWingNut, if he sees this thread, can comment as he is on the CDD10 board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafDeaf View Post
Old 05-30-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
And that's where we differ. I can't find any principle. So we just agree to disagree.
Old 05-30-2020, 04:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
And that's where we differ. I can't find any principle. So we just agree to disagree.
Maybe you misunderstood what I meant when I used the term "principle". I'm referring to "what is right". I have always been a highly principled person. It is just the way I was brought up.

Tags
memberships, pool, priority, pools, extended

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.