Old 12-12-2016, 09:06 AM
Sage
Lightbulb Private Message scam!!!!

Folks what for a PM saying they want speak with you by email

It is a Ghana scam for $$

Kenneth christoffel Mensah

8:57 AM (4 minutes ago)

to me
Hello Dear,my name is Kenneth,i am from Ghana west Africa known as cold coast. i am an orphan i lost my parents when i was 14 years old,before my father died he kept 250 kg of gold bar in the security company which he gave a copy of the deposit slept to his lawyer and tell him that if i grow up he should give me the original copy.now that i grow i went to the lawyer to collect the document from him because his old now and he can died at any time.i hope you will be a very good and honest person to help me to collect the gold from the security company and send it to you so that we can invest it in your country.please where are you from.looking forward to your respond.
Thanks
Regards.

Admin needs to block his IP

here's what he sends
This is the message that was sent:
hello my dear,how are you doing,i hope you are fine.thanks nice to meet you.could you please write to me through my email at kenmesah@gmail.com
Old 12-12-2016, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Folks what for a PM saying they want speak with you by email

It is a Ghana scam for $$

Kenneth christoffel Mensah

8:57 AM (4 minutes ago)

to me
Hello Dear,my name is Kenneth,i am from Ghana west Africa known as cold coast. i am an orphan i lost my parents when i was 14 years old,before my father died he kept 250 kg of gold bar in the security company which he gave a copy of the deposit slept to his lawyer and tell him that if i grow up he should give me the original copy.now that i grow i went to the lawyer to collect the document from him because his old now and he can died at any time.i hope you will be a very good and honest person to help me to collect the gold from the security company and send it to you so that we can invest it in your country.please where are you from.looking forward to your respond.
Thanks
Regards.

Admin needs to block his IP
This one has been going around on e mail for about 20 years. Usually it is an American oil executive who gets killed in an auto accident in Nigeria and leaves 40 million estate with no identifiable heir. He has the same last name as the recipient and you are ask to call an attorney in London. Of course, you will then be asked to put up "good faith" money, whatever that means. Also, as tax season approaches, beware the scam in which you receive a phone call from the "IRS", telling you that you will be in court in a week if you don't settle your "tax debt" (cash only). Note---the IRS DOES NOT CALL anyone---snail mail only. Besides the foreign accents, the other tip off is that they ask you to go to your bank and get "vouchers", which I assume is some third world term for bank check.

These scams sound so stupid it's hard to believe anyone would fall prey to them, but the scammers make millions every year.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Jimbo, did you alert Admin to the PM so they can block his IP address?
Old 12-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Sage

yes

Tags
gold, died, security, collect, grow

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.