Private pool not owned by The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2020, 08:55 AM
Default Private pool not owned by The Villages?

We drove by a pool yesterday that was fenced off and there was a sign that stated it was not owned by The Villages. It was surrounded by Hernandez Dr, Dominguez Dr, Ramirez Ave and Delgado Ave. Who owns this pool and who can or cannot use it?
Old 05-13-2020, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlhig View Post
We drove by a pool yesterday that was fenced off and there was a sign that stated it was not owned by The Villages. It was surrounded by Hernandez Dr, Dominguez Dr, Ramirez Ave and Delgado Ave. Who owns this pool and who can or cannot use it?
It is a private pool that belongs to that particular neighborhood of courtyard villas. That neighborhood pays all the fees the rest of us pay plus an added association fee which maintains the pool and their common area around it. I looked at a villa there years ago. Can tell you the association fee was substantial. FYI not the only area in The Villages that have a seperate association fee. Another area are the townhouses. Their fees, substantial also primarily covers outside maintenance and landscaping.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:34 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
It is a private pool that belongs to that particular neighborhood of courtyard villas. That neighborhood pays all the fees the rest of us pay plus an added association fee which maintains the pool and their common area around it. I looked at a villa there years ago. Can tell you the association fee was substantial. FYI not the only area in The Villages that have a seperate association fee. Another area are the townhouses. Their fees, substantial also primarily covers outside maintenance and landscaping.
The townhouses do pay a substantial monthly fee, but also have to make up any maintenance shortfalls. Recently townhome owners were assessed over $20,000 for new roofs. That's $20,000 per unit.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
The townhouses do pay a substantial monthly fee, but also have to make up any maintenance shortfalls. Recently townhome owners were assessed over $20,000 for new roofs. That's $20,000 per unit.
Wow, suspect most people were not prepared for that
Old 05-13-2020, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
Wow, suspect most people were not prepared for that
Those are typically 400K+ townhomes. Pretty sure most people wouldn't drop that much money in an attached property without learning the details in advance.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Is that the place that was originally built to house prospective buyer from outside the country?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Those townhomes that circle SS and Glenview CC as mentioned already, are not cheap and they have concrete tile roofs. They go fast when they become available. Here are two at Spanish Springs and Glenview has none for sale.

This one is listed for $409K

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

The Villages Florida

This one is $325K

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

The Villages Florida
Old 05-14-2020, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

almost sounds like living an HOA that's within an HOA...
Old 05-14-2020, 07:17 AM
Veteran member

There is also another private residential area by HH CC. I think it used to be the Morse Family compound. My airport driver stopped there several years ago to pick of a couple and told my my gate key would not work there. It is off Avenida Central. Nice homes. Is it still private?
Old 05-14-2020, 08:07 AM

The responses in this thread are wrong - the complex he referred to is not the townhouses mentioned but courtyard villas off of Rio Grande in Spanish Springs. The pool and park is private - I own a villa there - there is a HOA run by the residents of those villas. The Villages has nothing to do with the upkeep of that pool and the surrounding park - no money is spent by the villages. We pay to the HOA $65 a month to maintain the pool and park grounds. We also pay the amenity fees to the villages. It is private and only for use by the residents that live there. It is not voluntary - if you buy there you pay the HOA. The board members also live there and follow all HOA guidelines. There is a history as to why this exists - apparently some people from Great Britain asked the Villages to build them an area to live in and turn it over to them to maintain. The villages did just that however now there are only a few Britains left but the original concept remains. It seems that those villas sell well as people like the privacy they have. This is the real answer to the original post.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:08 AM

Yes. Still private. They also have additional fees.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
There is also another private residential area by HH CC. I think it used to be the Morse Family compound. My airport driver stopped there several years ago to pick of a couple and told my my gate key would not work there. It is off Avenida Central. Nice homes. Is it still private?
Hickory Head Hammock,, off Avenida Central was the Morse compound. It is still private (your gate key will not work). I think the lots are larger (I've never been in since my card won't work.) Currently there is a manufactured home with pool and out building for sale.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRetired View Post
Hickory Head Hammock,, off Avenida Central was the Morse compound. It is still private (your gate key will not work). I think the lots are larger (I've never been in since my card won't work.) Currently there is a manufactured home with pool and out building for sale.
Lots are large, Golf course surrounding The area. The houses are old, but maintained. We looked at one home end of last year. It was dated, but artistically very pretty. For us to bring up to date it needEd $20 to $30,000. It’s very nice and quiet
Old 05-14-2020, 12:22 PM

We will have the same with the Lofts. We pay separately to the Villages for full admenities monthly which we probably will use an executive course once a week if not at all. Plus we have our own fee added into our rent which is for The Lofts residents only. Trust me our rent is steep especially for the size of the apartment. We will pay it only because of location. We came from Jacksonville and our luxury apartment with a dog spa with sinks & counter to groom our dogs, pool separate with separate spa with BBQ grills & eating areas on a large covered area aside of the pool, glass garage doors opening up from the inside to have pool table, kitchen open to the outdoors by the pool, huge roof terrace with glassed in club room, indoor mail area, coffee,tea,water with coffee always ready to pour. Multi TV and lounge areas Separate yoga room, separate spin room & a huge workout room with an excellent supply of weights & machines. It had an inside car wash with high speed vacumn & it was located right in the middle of the high rent areas. We are paying almost $1,000 more per month for this apartment which is 100 sq feet smaller.
Not complaining because we could rent a long term villa or stayed there but we like The Lofts location and it is a 55+ apartment complex. I am just stating a fact just for those whiners complaining about the Lofts residents crowding their areas.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevjudbaker View Post
We will have the same with the Lofts. We pay separately to the Villages for full admenities monthly which we probably will use an executive course once a week if not at all. Plus we have our own fee added into our rent which is for The Lofts residents only...
The Lofts amenity fee is $162, here's the details at this link.

{{metaTags.title}}

Here's your rent scale.

First units available approximately June 1st.
>>> One yr lease.
>>> One bedroom starts at $1650
>>> 2 bedroom starts at $2145
>>> 3 bedroom starts at 3195
>>> Plus utilities and $162 amenities fee.
>>> Renewable after one year at prevailing rate.
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, owned, villages, ave, delgado

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.