The Privileged.

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2018, 09:22 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts
Default The Privileged.

This morning while cleaning my garage a nice young lady who appeared to be in her mid 30's walked by with her dog and no leash. I asked "where is your leash" her response was to flip me off. I guess she is one of the privileged people here in TV that don't have to be concerned about deed restrictions. My dog would like to walk without a leash also but never has since moving here.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

My wife was pleased to hear...that someone thinks she's that young.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:52 AM

Is this the dog with a Frisbee in it's mouth? I love that dog.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:55 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

Just curious; was the dog in your yard (or someone else) or threatening you? Why do you care if not?

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 05-19-2018, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Just curious; was the dog in your yard (or someone else) or threatening you? Why do you care if not?
Sometimes people try to help people. Not your thing, keep you head down and your mouth closed.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-19-2018, 10:26 AM
Sage

I am one of those people, maybe the only one, that believes in following the rules, rules and regulations that we all agreed to when we signed our deeds. I don't feel privileged or special enough to not follow the rules. If all of us chose to not follow the rules we would be overrun with dogs going where they want and doing what they want. Our dog while on his leash was attacked by a larger dog not on a leash, he suffered with his injuries for 6 weeks, the owner paid the vet bills but she did not have to watch him suffer and try to get him up to walk so he could do his business. That is why I care. By asking for the third time "where is your leash" does not deserve getting a finger thrown at you but at least I now know her true personality. There are dog parks where you can allow your dog to run free that is why they built them. I was hoping that she would soon start to obey the rules but I guess she chooses not to so now I'll go the other route and hopefully that will work.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
She should care, because it's against the law. She might actually be saving the dog's life someday and saving that woman a ticket and a trip to court. In this mornings online Villages News;
A Village of Silver Lake resident was cited for allowing his large labrador dog to run free. A jogger reported that the dog chased after him and animal control responded and gave the owner a ticket.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Our dog while on his leash was attacked by a larger dog not on a leash
Maybe you need to carry a weapon when you go for a walk.

At our golf course in Virginia, an unleashed dog came charging at me, so I took out a golf club and swung at him. The horrified owner quickly pulled their dog away.

When houses were being built in our neighborhood of Osceola Hills, I was harassed by unleashed dogs on more than one occasion. I started carrying a hiking stick with a sharp metal point when I walked, and it was useful.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:45 AM
Sage

The "Family" should build a Village strictly for those Privileged individuals, a Village with no rules or regulations. They can all live together and enjoy life the way they choose.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:47 AM
Veteran member

******** live everywhere, not just the Villages
Old 05-19-2018, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
I am one of those people, maybe the only one, that believes in following the rules, rules and regulations that we all agreed to when we signed our deeds. I don't feel privileged or special enough to not follow the rules. If all of us chose to not follow the rules we would be overrun with dogs going where they want and doing what they want. Our dog while on his leash was attacked by a larger dog not on a leash, he suffered with his injuries for 6 weeks, the owner paid the vet bills but she did not have to watch him suffer and try to get him up to walk so he could do his business. That is why I care. By asking for the third time "where is your leash" does not deserve getting a finger thrown at you but at least I now know her true personality. There are dog parks where you can allow your dog to run free that is why they built them. I was hoping that she would soon start to obey the rules but I guess she chooses not to so now I'll go the other route and hopefully that will work.
You probably would have had better results calling the sheriff or animal control. Would be fun watching what happens if she flips off the sheriff.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Our dog while on his leash was attacked by a larger dog not on a leash, he suffered with his injuries for 6 weeks, the owner paid the vet bills but she did not have to watch him suffer and try to get him up to walk so he could do his business.
I understand your point of view. I'm very sorry your dog was injured.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Flipping Off Cops Is Legal, Not Advised | WIRED
Old 05-19-2018, 01:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Makes you wonder how people like that were raised.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I found the whole very long law review article. https://www.wired.com/images_blogs/t...ddlefinger.pdf
Closed Thread

Tags
leash, dog, privileged, concerned, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.