Problem with classified!

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2017, 05:55 AM
Platinum member
Default Problem with classified!

I don't understand why the moderator doesn't help with problems with contacting sellers! It doesn't dipo much good to post something for sale if you can't be contacted!
Old 06-24-2017, 06:22 PM

Yes, it's all messed up. Last week I couldn't even open up a link to any ad. This week it will open the link to the ad, but there is not a description or photos. Just lists the title, user name, and contact here icon (which seems not to work). If phone numbers were posted, it would really help sell items. The classified section is almost useless the way it is.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:25 PM
fw102807

They seem to hardly ever work
Old 06-24-2017, 08:37 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Perhaps sellers do not want a telephone number published as a matter of privacy because of the possibility/probability of having their number collected by less than desirable sources?

My success has come from looking up the seller on the 'members' list under the 'community' menu button and sending a PM. It isn't convenient - but- it has worked.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:15 AM
Sage

There have been instances when someone has complained that there is no "seller contact info", while I can clearly see the seller's phone number on my computer. It's probably the browser.

When I had IE as my browser on Windows 8 I couldn't enter the classified section - a message appeared that I didn't have permission to do so, while on my husband's Windows 7 computer they were there. When I switched to Firefox I could see the ads and contact info. I was able to connect a friend who couldn't see the contact's phone no with a seller who had a beautiful washer/dryer for sale.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:24 AM
Sage
Default contacting seller

Here are a couple of things I try when i cannot contact the seller. Sometimes the button isn't there that says "contact seller". In this case I close my browser and re-open TOTV in Firefox. Most times the "contact seller" box appears and I can contact the seller. If this does not work, in the classifieds it will usually state the screen name of the seller. Copy the screen name and go to the top of the page where it says "Usercp," click that and go down to "send message". Then paste the screen name in the message and send them your contact information.
Closed Thread

Tags
post, good, sale, contacted, dipo

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.