Problems in Brownswood? - say it isn't so

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Default Problems in Brownswood? - say it isn't so

I just read today a disturbing report about Brownwood ...kids/teenagers running around in Brownwood in the evening ... acting less than appropriate and Villagers feeling less than safe in that area at night. Please say it isn't so.

Last edited by Hopeful2; 10-05-2013 at 08:45 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful2 View Post
I just read today a disturbing report about Brownswoods ...kids/teenagers running around in Brownswoods in the evening ... acting less than appropriate and Villagers feeling less than safe in that area at night. Please say it isn't so.
We haven't encountered a problem. Where did you read that?
Old 10-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Sage

The police station is right there on the square. They're good and will keep things in order.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

I'll bet that police station is located there by design and not chance!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Ever since the Florida Lottery held that event with the Flamingos performing last March at Paddock Square, we've kind of quit going to LSL and go to Paddock Square instead. If a movie is playing at Barnstorm we'll go to that theater first. The only time I've seen kids are going in and out of the theater, which is kind of the same thing at the other two theaters. Sometimes they hang around outside the theater. That's amount it, no big deal. Your info sounds bogus.

The Villages Florida
Old 10-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Gold member
Cool I havd a problem

Quote:
I just read today a disturbing report about Brownswoods ...kids/teenagers running around in Brownswoods in the evening ... acting less than appropriate and Villagers feeling less than safe in that area at night. Please say it isn't so.
This is one of my pet peeves. Someone hears something disturbing or perhaps someone reads a disturbing report that causes be to go tsk, tsk....
Remember where, what, when and who?? What report, written by who and when was it written and where was it published?? All I got from your post was what and it was not very specific.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:31 PM

That's it we are selling!
Old 10-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Default Wild Wild West in Brownwood

Quote:
-----------

The Wild Wild West

October 4, 2013 By Ryan Erisman

I was down in Brownwood the other day and I was kind of surprised how empty it is still. Dont get me wrong, its going to be AWESOME when its done, and I know everything takes time, but I thought it would be a little further along than it actually is.

Until it does fill up, there are going to be some issues.

Interestingly on the very same day I went down to Brownwood a reader sent me this

Can you give me your perspective on why The Villages allow a mob of teenagers to run wild through the square after dark?

Last Saturday my family came to visit us and we chose City Fire in Brownwood for dinner. From 8:30 to 10 pm we watched about a dozen kids run from across the street from the Sales office and the park bench next to City Fire. There were three police officers and a few Villages trucks patrolling but did nothing to move the kids out of the square. I viewed two of them trying to open the door of the Sales Office and one boy punch a girl in the head with his fist. The whole scene sickened me as this was my biggest concern moving to Brownwood last week.

I tracked down one officer and asked why he allowed these kids to roam freely in The Villages, supposedly an area for adults 55 and over. He said he couldnt do anything about them yelling and running through the streets because it wasnt a crime. When told about them trying the doors and the assault on the girl, he said he didnt see it so he couldnt do anything about it.

I feel like I made a big mistake buying near Brownwood and do not feel as safe as I was told by many people. If anyone can come into The Villages Squares, whats from stopping them from entering our homes?

Also this week, ************** reported that golf clubs valued at more than $2,000 were stolen from two golf carts Monday evening while the golf carts were parked at Evans Prairie Country Club, the newest and southernmost country club in The Villages.

It sounds very much like the Wild West in the south end of The Villages at this point.

Now of course it will get better as time goes on and Brownwood becomes more populated and established, but how long will that take and at what inconvenience to early residents?
Old 10-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
-----------

The Wild Wild West

October 4, 2013 By Ryan Erisman

I was down in Brownwood the other day and I was kind of surprised how empty it is still. Dont get me wrong, its going to be AWESOME when its done, and I know everything takes time, but I thought it would be a little further along than it actually is.

Until it does fill up, there are going to be some issues.

Interestingly on the very same day I went down to Brownwood a reader sent me this

Can you give me your perspective on why The Villages allow a mob of teenagers to run wild through the square after dark?

Last Saturday my family came to visit us and we chose City Fire in Brownwood for dinner. From 8:30 to 10 pm we watched about a dozen kids run from across the street from the Sales office and the park bench next to City Fire. There were three police officers and a few Villages trucks patrolling but did nothing to move the kids out of the square. I viewed two of them trying to open the door of the Sales Office and one boy punch a girl in the head with his fist. The whole scene sickened me as this was my biggest concern moving to Brownwood last week.

I tracked down one officer and asked why he allowed these kids to roam freely in The Villages, supposedly an area for adults 55 and over. He said he couldnt do anything about them yelling and running through the streets because it wasnt a crime. When told about them trying the doors and the assault on the girl, he said he didnt see it so he couldnt do anything about it.

I feel like I made a big mistake buying near Brownwood and do not feel as safe as I was told by many people. If anyone can come into The Villages Squares, whats from stopping them from entering our homes?

Also this week, ************** reported that golf clubs valued at more than $2,000 were stolen from two golf carts Monday evening while the golf carts were parked at Evans Prairie Country Club, the newest and southernmost country club in The Villages.

It sounds very much like the Wild West in the south end of The Villages at this point.

Now of course it will get better as time goes on and Brownwood becomes more populated and established, but how long will that take and at what inconvenience to early residents?
Who is Ryan Erisman?
Old 10-05-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Who is Ryan Erisman?

Did a google search this is from a site called
thevillagesfloridabook.com/wildwildwest. When I tried to click to go to the website to see what it was my anti virus blocked it.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Who is Ryan Erisman?
He wrote a book about the Villages and writes a monthly newsletter about the Villages. He does not live in the Villages.
Everything Smart Buyers Need to Know Before Moving to The Villages
Old 10-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayschic View Post
He wrote a book about the Villages and writes a monthly newsletter about the Villages. He does not live in the Villages.
Everything Smart Buyers Need to Know Before Moving to The Villages
Oh, an unbiased source!
Old 10-05-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Who is Ryan Erisman?
He is author of "Complete Gude to The Villages". He presents a very fair, positive and realistic view of The Villages.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Sage

The Villages, Florida - Your Complete Guide

Scroll downward to October 4.........
Click on "The Wild Wild West, etc" to read.......
Old 10-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Sage

really? I can't believe people have become so easily triggered.
sad....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.