Problems/ Electric Motorized Screens for Lanai

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2019, 12:07 PM
Veteran member
Default Problems/ Electric Motorized Screens for Lanai

In late 2017 we had a local company install motorized screens inside our large lanai. (Total cost was around $6000). The company that installed them has now been sold to a new owner but still uses the same name. We have had numerous problems with the screens detaching from the frame when being rolled up or down. At that point we have to call the company, wait a week or two for them to come by and repair. Is anyone else having this problem. The new owner did come by and inspect them. I suggested he contact the manufacturer and get suggestions on how to alleviate the problem. I have heard nothing back and continue to call them. When the new owner was here he mentioned something about the warranty. Seems ridiculous since they have never worked properly since the day they installed them.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

I had something similar with a hot tub (how can a hot tub not work, right?). Eventually I just had the work done by another contractor on a service call and they fixed it right up. The initial one was incompetent.

You might want to try someone else on a service call and maybe it's a fairly simple fix? Just a thought. Good luck.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

Try taking a look at the side clearance when the screen is up, at mid travel (if you can stop it) and at the bottom. Also, if you have a level check for level conditions at the same 3 locations. Ideally, the clearances will be the same, and the screen will be level. If you find differences, this may be the source of you problems. I have first hand experience with walls that were not exactly vertical or square with adjacent walls. Your observations can be brought to the companies attention, or as mentioned above, you could try another company. IMHO, if the tracks are not exactly the same distance apart and the screen level, the lower guide can jump or jam in the track.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:20 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Thumbs up Problems/ Electric Motorized Screens for Lanai

This is why Cool breeze roll screens manufactures our own products to alleviate service problems with quality products.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	7522.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	79232  
888-896-8935
coolbreezerollscreens@yahoo.com
http://www.talkofthevillages.com/
http://www.coolbreezeincorporated.com/
www.facebook.com/coolbreeze.screens
Closed Thread

Tags
company, owner, screens, problem, installed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.