problems with receation Dept

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2017, 08:07 PM

no put my hand on her shoulder and told her "why are you embarrassing us" when they laughed at us doing our exersize's
Old 06-13-2017, 08:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaringg View Post
no put my hand on her shoulder and told her "why are you embarrassing us" when they laughed at us doing our exersize's
That is the full exchange? That is all, Gerry?
Old 06-14-2017, 06:12 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Sounds like the rec department employee felt like she was being confronted and, at the very least, assaulted. Basic rule, you don't touch another without permission. If you felt you were being laughed at, the odds are your anger showed when trying to talk to the employee. To try to get her attention by placing hands on her was probably not a wise move. You could have been charged with assault and battery.

Even so, I don't think a total banning was fair. Was there any kind of a hearing with you present? Were you given a chance to give your side of the story? To apologize for touching her? If this were me, I'd try talking to Rohan and see about getting the ban changed to a suspension. I'd also think about how my actions have contributed to the issues. Am I too confrontational? Am I complaining to the right person? What is the best way to get the results I want?

It seems as if you've had a few run ins with staff. If this all occurred at one rec center, I suggest you steer clear of that rec center if you are allowed back. You're in a lose-lose situation there. No matter what you do, your reputation precedes you there. Not always fair, but that's life.

Hope you can get things resolved but the reality is you were wrong to touch the employee. The rec department has a duty to protect its staff and patrons from physical harm. You crossed the line.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-14-2017, 06:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Sounds like the rec department employee felt like she was being confronted and, at the very least, assaulted. Basic rule, you don't touch another without permission. If you felt you were being laughed at, the odds are your anger showed when trying to talk to the employee. To try to get her attention by placing hands on her was probably not a wise move. You could have been charged with assault and battery.

Even so, I don't think a total banning was fair. Was there any kind of a hearing with you present? Were you given a chance to give your side of the story? To apologize for touching her? If this were me, I'd try talking to Rohan and see about getting the ban changed to a suspension. I'd also think about how my actions have contributed to the issues. Am I too confrontational? Am I complaining to the right person? What is the best way to get the results I want?

It seems as if you've had a few run ins with staff. If this all occurred at one rec center, I suggest you steer clear of that rec center if you are allowed back. You're in a lose-lose situation there. No matter what you do, your reputation precedes you there. Not always fair, but that's life.

Hope you can get things resolved but the reality is you were wrong to touch the employee. The rec department has a duty to protect its staff and patrons from physical harm. You crossed the line.
Excellent points, as usual, Red.

And boy, did it take a long time for the full story to be told.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:18 AM
Sage

There is always two sides to a story.

I wish we knew more. We can't leap to condemn or protect until we know all of the details. Mistakes do happen but if there were a lot of expulsions for questionable behavior I am sure we would hear about them because news travels fast around this community through all kinds of internet venues.

That is why we must try to dispel rumors and challenge statements that are incomplete.

I have been wrong doing that but many times the truth comes out and it was a completely different situation than originally presented.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:15 AM
Sage

I agree that we know far too little about the situation to make reasonable judgements.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaringg View Post
What do you think they were laughing at? Who is us? You and your wife?
Old 06-23-2017, 02:50 PM
Sage

There's always 2 sides to every situation. I do know that The Villages has something in place about removing one's privileges "if" they've somehow abused it.
Closed Thread

Tags
facilities, recreation, edict, access, fees

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.