Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2020, 03:06 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,346 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
We have been hear less than a year and happy, will be even happier when life comes back to normal
Some measure days by time and some measure days by the number of posts we can get in, per day
Old 11-25-2020, 03:09 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I feel sorry for people that appear to be crabby, complain about things outside of their control, and perhaps just want to vent.

Not saying this applies to the OP or those who may agree, just sayin'.

Most times in life, I prefer glass is more than 1/2 full. Seems to help my blood pressure and outlook in life and the future. Que Sara Sara....
actually it’s better to vent than to bottle up your anger in denial

———————————————— ———————————————— —-
Don’t pee on my shoes and tell me it’s raining.”
Judge Judy
Old 11-25-2020, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Let's agree the profile of The Villages has significantly changed over the past 10 years and what it was then is no longer. What are some of the pluses and minus's others have seen over the years.
To answer your question, I don't know if it is The Villages that have changed or if it is Me who has changed. But the place sure doesn't seem like the same place we experience when we first started coming here. We started visiting friends in 2001, rented for about 5 years, and bought in 2011. So yes, we've been here long enough to see the many many changes.

It seemed that once the expansion crossed 466A and they built Brownwood, the north end of The Villages definitely began to feel "Old" and restaurants and Kattie Belles began to close. Of course, that area was about 20 years old then, and we were 15 years older too.

And then you started hearing about problems, crime, and dissatisfaction (e.g. the trolls). Before that, the I'm sure the sales and marketing staff of The Villages kept all stories as "feel good" and reinforced the "utopia" image. That made selling new homes to eager people who had drank the kool-aid really easy.

So, I feel there has been a downward change since we first arrived here, but I can't say if it is real, perception, or that I've grown into one of the crotchety old men I used to see when I was much younger.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terriy View Post
Why is growth such a bad thing?
Traffic.

Tags
profile, years, minuss, pluses, longer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.