Progress at Trailwinds

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2019, 11:12 PM
Sage
Default Progress at Trailwinds

I don’t know about you, but progress seems slow. They have cleared a ton of land, but not much being built. I so wish they would put some restaurants there. And....I’m very patiently waiting for Hobby Lobby! Anyone have any timing updates on when they will start building more stuff?
Old 02-13-2019, 06:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I don’t know about you, but progress seems slow. They have cleared a ton of land, but not much being built. I so wish they would put some restaurants there. And....I’m very patiently waiting for Hobby Lobby! Anyone have any timing updates on when they will start building more stuff?
Isn't Trailwinds that area next to Aldi's that isn't owned by The Developer?
Old 02-13-2019, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Isn't Trailwinds that area next to Aldi's that isn't owned by The Developer?
Bingo!
Old 02-13-2019, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
They, would be the Barclay Group.

TRAILWINDS VILLAGE | Barclay Group

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 02-13-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I still wonder how The Villages let that property go. It was a battle they could have won with the amount of clout they have in Sumter county. But then again the best time to have acquired that land was when the expansion to and across 466A was happening ten years ago.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2019, 10:21 AM

Yeah. If I could just a find a way to sneak thru, I could get to Lowes in my golf cart?
Old 02-13-2019, 10:40 AM
Veteran member

If I remember correctly, The Villages had a deal to acquire the Trailwinds land, but Wildwood was demanding full golf cart access to Wildwood residents not in TV to approve the TV development plan. The Developer would not agree to this and TV dropped their option on the property.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:39 PM
Sage
Default Not owned by Villages

I think it’s a good thing that Trailwonds is not owned by The Villages. After all, how many more nail salons, Subways and insurance places do we need??? Looking forward to some “out of the box” stores/restaurants coming to town.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Last edited by John_W; 04-15-2019 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I think it’s a good thing that Trailwonds is not owned by The Villages. After all, how many more nail salons, Subways and insurance places do we need??? Looking forward to some “out of the box” stores/restaurants coming to town.
I amost have to laugh. That is exactly what you will get there regardless of oner. At least with TV you would have golf cart access.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The Barclay Group sidetracked them by leasing to businesses not already in the area, Aldis, Lowes, ABC Liquor, Circle K and the strip center which has Jersey Mike's, a Verizon Store and a Remax Realty, and Wendys and Taco Bell coming this year.

All of these store are either already in TV or just outside of it
Old 02-13-2019, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
All of these store are either already in TV or just outside of it
But all outside of the area of Trailwinds...nict to have some gowth down this way.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-13-2019, 04:59 PM

The foundation and walls are up on a new place east of Circle K, it should be either a Wendys or Taco Bell, no sign on the property as of today.

The Trailwinds property that is under construction will be VyStar Credit Union. You can see it on the Barkley website.

The Wendys and Taco Bell will be immediately east of Circle K.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:41 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts
Default Golf cart access

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I amost have to laugh. That is exactly what you will get there regardless of oner. At least with TV you would have golf cart access.
As I remember there were some residents in the village of Tamarind Grove who were opposed to golf cart access traffic going through their Village. I’m not saying that was the reason The Village Developer “backed off” because the Developer could have built a tunnel under 466A (expensive option) to access that property. At that time, Wildwood officials said they wanted certain land set-aside for “mix use” and the Village Developer balked at that idea and thus we have Trailwinds.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I agree completely, but I think TV plans called for another couple of thousand homes and villas, you could of called it Pine Ridge West. That would really overtaxed the golf courses and the other amenties. I believe Wildwood declined those plans because they wanted more commercial use instead of residential. With Winn Dixie Shopping Center across the street and the empty stores at Brownwood, TV probably didn't want to go that route. The Barclay Group sidetracked them by leasing to businesses not already in the area, Aldis, Lowes, ABC Liquor, Circle K and the strip center which has Jersey Mike's, a Verizon Store and a Remax Realty, and Wendys and Taco Bell coming this year.

The Jersey Mike's that opened Jan 9th is now the busiest location in Florida.

The foundation and walls are up on a new place east of Circle K, it should be either a Wendys or Taco Bell, no sign on the property as of today.
The building being built is a credit union according to the sign on the lot. Wendy's, Publix' and Taco Bell are on the land across the street behind circle K.

Tags
progress, patiently, waiting, hobby, i’m

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.