property insurance

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2019, 12:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalie View Post
Any recommendation for or against using Safe Harbor?
Here's a link to their financial stability rating
Financial Stability Ratings(R): Demotech
Old 04-23-2019, 12:52 PM

I tried to have Progressive quote me today, and here's what they wrote back:
""Geounderwriting: The address you are attempting to write does not fit within our Underwriting Guidelines. Underwriting cannot make an exception. Please place this risk with another market.""
I'm guessing they are aware of the SINKHOLES, in The Villages.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:30 PM

property insurance, it is always interesting to talk
Old 04-27-2019, 12:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
In theory, I agree with you. Yes -- it would be nice if they gave you some notice, but insurance companies just don't care.

On the other hand, a homeowner has self-created notice. They already know how old their roof is and that their roof is on a count-down for needing to replaced soon.
When Hurricane Irma came through I had some shingle damage on my 18 year old roof. The insurance company came and inspected the damage and said the roof still had 7 or 8 years on it and that it was in great shape. They only gave me enough money to repair the roof because of that. Then a year later they sent me the notice that they were not going to renew my insurance when it came up for renewal because the roof showed signs of repair ! I had already contracted to have the roof replaced at the time. I called The Villages Insurance and that is when they told me the insurance companies routinely do this to roofs approaching 20 years of age. Insurance company was American Integrity. I have since dropped them.
Old 04-27-2019, 02:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylormade View Post
I just received my property insurance bill for 2019. Since 2015, the premium has escalated by over 60%! I have had no claims during this period. Are others experiencing this huge jump in their property insurance????
I have ASI through TV insurance. Has not increased in 5 years more than like $10.... ASI was way cheaper when I qouted originally.
Snow Flake until I retire
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, property, claims, period, jump

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.