Property Survey Dispute

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2021, 08:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,659 Times in 962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfmi View Post
This what they don't tell you about the people in the villages are like. That is why you have to due your due diligence before you buy and check the talk of the Visages website
The content of this post is surpassed only by the proofreading.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Are there multiple metal stakes marking the property line along the entire length of one's property or is there just one at the street line (which was how it was up north in 1953)? I'd like to find our property line about half way between front and back on one side to check something. Any idea what a survey costs to mark off just one side of one's home?
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachine58 View Post
Update: Thank you everyone for the good advice.

Called the surveyor and told them what has happened. He did explain he knew the history of the property. Yes many years back a mistake was made on the property line boundary. It was corrected legally. Also said in the ground , dig thru grass there are steel markers used in villages for property boundaries.

He assured us the survey he just did was correct and was going to call the neighbor and explain that the dispute was settled many years ago and current stakes are correct and was registered at time of sale with county.
I read all 7 pages and am so happy that this worked out in your favor. Lots of helpful information and comments on this thread.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Update: Thank you everyone for the good advice.

Called the surveyor and told them what has happened. He did explain he knew the history of the property. Yes many years back a mistake was made on the property line boundary. It was corrected legally. Also said in the ground , dig thru grass there are steel markers used in villages for property boundaries.

He assured us the survey he just did was correct and was going to call the neighbor and explain that the dispute was settled many years ago and current stakes are correct and was registered at time of sale with county.
NOTHING like a beautiful Happy Ending. I'm thrilled for you.

Being from the NE would have either solved the problem or made it explode into something where a lawyer was a necessity.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:32 AM
Platinum member
Unhappy

Old 08-13-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
first, i would resurvey the lot and make sure im in the right . than sue him for all cost.
When i purchased my house the lawn people removed my survey markers. I ask that the survey company replace them. They were out in 24hours and did so with no complaints. They get a lot o business form The Villages.
Old 08-13-2021, 11:22 AM

Interesting potential resolution. The crabby, stake stealing neighbor was partially right. There was a screw up years ago. He's not nearly as crazy as he seemed at first impression. That's as far as his being right goes.
Those metal pipes will be on the corners. You will have to scrape and dig around for them. But, they are there. You may have to get the surveyor to come out and find them if you can't find a metal detector. The ones by the street should be the easiest to find.
I liked the idea of using marking paint for a few weeks to delineate the location stakes. Just remember to go mark the area with paint after the lawn is mowed. I go behind the surveyor and replace the wooden stakes with buried four to six inch length of metal pipe.
With a little grace, you might even make a friend. I bet he'll be embarrassed by his geezerly actions. Ask him over for a beer on the veranda. Maybe he's entertaining in other ways. There is always hope.
Old 08-13-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvil View Post
Interesting potential resolution. The crabby, stake stealing neighbor was partially right. There was a screw up years ago. He's not nearly as crazy as he seemed at first impression. That's as far as his being right goes.
Those metal pipes will be on the corners. You will have to scrape and dig around for them. But, they are there. You may have to get the surveyor to come out and find them if you can't find a metal detector. The ones by the street should be the easiest to find.
I liked the idea of using marking paint for a few weeks to delineate the location stakes. Just remember to go mark the area with paint after the lawn is mowed. I go behind the surveyor and replace the wooden stakes with buried four to six inch length of metal pipe.
With a little grace, you might even make a friend. I bet he'll be embarrassed by his geezerly actions. Ask him over for a beer on the veranda. Maybe he's entertaining in other ways. There is always hope.
I use PVC pipe in my yard. Easy to cut and a lawn mower doesn't get damaged if they are up to high.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Hi, I am new homeowner in the historic side of villages. I bought a house that was built 4 years ago.

Yesterday the man who owned property next door came over to tell me my survey stakes were wrong and he owned the land. He informed me he pulled them out and removed my flags for my dog fence. Went on to tell me Lake county called him to say when house was built the villages made a mistake on property line and he owned the property..( WTH).

I looked up on county site for info and found nothing. I just paid for a survey 3 months ago which included maps.

What can I do? I’m ****ed he took my stakes and destroyed my flags. Help!
“ Went on to tell me Lake county called him to say when house was built the villages made a mistake on property line and he owned the property..( WTH). ”

I would get the name of the Lake county official from him.
He’s prolly a liar.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:26 PM

typical village crap
Closed Thread

Tags
property, owned, survey, built, county

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.