Pros and Cons to living next to a Rec Center

Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2019, 07:46 AM

We live behind Pickleball courts. We play Pickleball so the noise is not offensive. After a while you don’t even hear it.
Old 12-14-2019, 08:39 AM

Our home backs up to the Burnsed rec center. Been here for 3 years. We love being here. Much better than having a house 20 feet behind like our last home. We’re staying.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

That's why you should rent a time or 2 to see what really goes on. When we first decided to buy we were so over fascinated with everything that went on & things to do, I really think noise would be the furthest thing from our minds. Maybe that's why our realtor said the average homes you own is 3. We bought twice. The 2nd home was in The Village of Charlotte. Love it there!
Old 12-15-2019, 05:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
I have noticed that many rec centers like Burnsed in Osceola Hills have the pickelball courts situated away from the houses.

However, the new De Luna rec center being built in the Southers Area will have the pickelball courts just a few feet from from the nearby house lots. Other than that, the new lots will, in our opinion, be very desirable, but I wonder if the potential new home owners will be aware of the noise that will come from the courts.
I assume those who choose to live near pickle ball courts are hard of hearing. How else can anyone stand the awful noise that comes from those courts? It would drive me absolutely nuts to listen to that high pitched racket (no pun intended).
Old 12-15-2019, 06:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I assume those who choose to live near pickle ball courts are hard of hearing. How else can anyone stand the awful noise that comes from those courts? It would drive me absolutely nuts to listen to that high pitched racket (no pun intended).
I am. Husband was not bothered by it. We liked living there near the pool and loved how they took care of the beautiful foundation plantings and palm trees that were just on the other side of the low wall.

Now we are in our second house, not too far from 466 and don't mind that either.

We are all so different. Good thing. If we were all alike they would only sell Vanilla Ice Cream.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am. Husband was not bothered by it. We liked living there near the pool and loved how they took care of the beautiful foundation plantings and palm trees that were just on the other side of the low wall.

Now we are in our second house, not too far from 466 and don't mind that either.

We are all so different. Good thing. If we were all alike they would only sell Vanilla Ice Cream.
Good point Graciegirl, if it does bother you & you like it, who cares if someone doesn’t like it. If they don’t like it, move. They shouldn’t of bought so close to a rec center. Like your comments!
Old 12-15-2019, 04:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Good point Graciegirl, if it does bother you & you like it, who cares if someone doesn’t like it. If they don’t like it, move. They shouldn’t of bought so close to a rec center. Like your comments!
The mistake is made if you purchase a home THEN realize you made a mistake with the noise that is within earshot. It's good to do your research before you sign on the dotted line.

Hubby and I sat on the lanai of our current home before we purchased. We listened very carefully to see if there were any bothersome noises, traffic being one of them. The location passed the test so we purchased our home.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:04 PM

If near the pool, any formal water activity can be noisy as instructor will use microphone and music will likely be payed. Adult neighborhood pools generally not that loud. Pickleball is monotonous, continual noise. Mail stations are particularly noisy, people pulling up in golf cars, making back up noise; their dogs sitting in front golf car seat barking at one another; keys left in ignition of open car door bonging and generally loud people.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:24 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

Still great to have a pool and extra bath.
Closed Thread

Tags
pros, rec, center, living, cons

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.