Publix at Colony Plaza

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Sage
Default Publix at Colony Plaza

A perfect example of what competition can do for the market place. In preparation for the new Sweetbay opening down the road Publix is putting a new face on the store. Check out the re-arranged produce section and the new fancy meat counter. Hats off to them for working to keep their customers. A nice update - hope more are in the works.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
A perfect example of what competition can do for the market place. In preparation for the new Sweetbay opening down the road Publix is putting a new face on the store. Check out the re-arranged produce section and the new fancy meat counter. Hats off to them for working to keep their customers. A nice update - hope more are in the works.
Sounds like smart business practice. Glad its still happening these days.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Sage

Too bad the "foot-print" of that Publix wasn't a bit larger!!! The others north of 466 seem to be twice it's size or maybe half again as big.

But as you say---competition is a good thing!
Old 08-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Sage
If Publix is gearing up for competition, why didn't they choose to open another store south of 466A when they had the chance? IMO, they run a much better operation than SweetBay.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Seems to me lowering their prices would be a better move. I could care less about a face lift
Old 08-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
If Publix is gearing up for competition, why didn't they choose to open another store south of 466A when they had the chance? IMO, they run a much better operation than SweetBay.
Maybe they'll build one along Hwy. 44 by Brownwood or in it. There will be probably 20,000 more people living between Colony and Brownwood in a short while and they'll need a Publix by Brownwood.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Maybe they'll build one along Hwy. 44 by Brownwood or in it. There will be probably 20,000 more people living between Colony and Brownwood in a short while and they'll need a Publix by Brownwood.
There is a 2nd store slated for next year as per Publix Management.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Sage

IMO Publix is so far ahead of Sweetbay in every way including low price, I kinda doubt they are doing anything reactive. Publix has been my store since I can remember being old enough to use a credit card. Don't mess with Publix.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Sage
Default new look

I was just in Publix this morning and they also rearranged their baked goods section. They were also handing out samples of the meats and cheeses on sale left and right. It actually works....Not only did I buy some ham that I went in for, I also bought some of the roast beef they gave me a sample of. If I hadn't had a sample of it I would have never bought it. Pretty smart of them if you ask me. I also like when they make the meals as you walk in and give samples of what they have made. A lot of them are real good and I have made them for dinner. It's another way they get customers to buy more products.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Veteran member

I just heard that Winn Dixie now owns Sweetbay and Bi Lo? Is this correct? Wow...talk about a monopoly on grocery chains around here! I will stick with Publix. I love that deli of theirs!
Old 08-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Sage

Publix is not gonna get left behind! There's a reason they're No. 1
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 08-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo View Post
I just heard that Winn Dixie now owns Sweetbay and Bi Lo? Is this correct? Wow...talk about a monopoly on grocery chains around here! I will stick with Publix. I love that deli of theirs!
Actually, Winn Dixie is owned by Bi-Lo Holdings which also now owns Sweetbay as well as other smaller chains.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Platinum member

Publix is a good store but I kinda like Sweetbay.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Default Publix vs. Sweetbay/Winn Dixie

I think Sweetbay and Winn Dixie are more expensive than Publix....not that Publix is cheap. They run about 20-25% more expensive than my home in the midwest.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Sage

Just for your info, I bought an item in Walgreens that was in the $15.00 range and then went to Publix and it was $5.00 cheaper in their pharmacy dept. I was suprised. Publix is the best around as far as I'm concerned. My only complaint would be they are almost always asking for donations for one cause or another or there is almost always somebody out front asking for money. I usually go there about 3 times a week and can't be donating every time I go.
ALSO, have you ever had a bad shopping cart at Publix? Have you ever had a good shopping cart at Walmart? Little things make a difference.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.