Publix at Colony Plaza

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Sage

Rocketman I would like to believe you, but you are going to have to tell me your sources.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Rocketman I would like to believe you, but you are going to have to tell me your sources.

Seems like a good time for that Publix at Colony to spruce up and stay in the game.

They should have a little in the sock tucked away since it was making more money than any store in the chain according to my sources.

I think gomoho is right. They have to be doing it at this time for a reason.

It could be that it was planned ahead but if I were CEO of Publix, I would tidy and freshen that store a bit RIGHT NOW.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:30 PM

Publix is the best. Specially the buy one get one free items.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Go in the door and hang a right and stop in the managers office-jack or mark will explain why they are doing the upgrades. They could open 5 sweetbays in the villages and it still wouldn't affect publix. Like the post above stated it seems like their employees hate working there.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
Go in the door and hang a right and stop in the managers office-jack or mark will explain why they are doing the upgrades. They could open 5 sweetbays in the villages and it still wouldn't affect publix. Like the post above stated it seems like their employees hate working there.
I agree with you Rocketman,, I really don't believe the upgrade was because of competition, that kinda of planning goes way down a chain of events in retail, from 5 year planning and budgetary considerations, to market analysis, to an analysis of store activity plans. Every store resets their store planning 2 x a year and they plan a total redo prob every 5 to 7 years. Its part of a large merchandising program.

HOWEVER,,, let me say this... the staff in the Sweetbay Villages store look like they are very discontent and unhappy but if you were to go to the Sweetbay in Belleview, you would be amazingly surprised. Everyone there is extremely friendly, so nice, it was scary, LOL.... So I think it has to do with a lot of other issues,,, perhaps we villagers are not very nice to the store staff at Sweetbay in the Villages???? Did ya ever think???

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 08-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleevee View Post
Oh Kathie, I must disagree, compared to Staten Island, the food here (Publix), is much more expensive. I was talking to a woman from Boston and she agreed.........no great prices here.
You can shop in the North East at Market Basket much cheaper than here - but you also have to push your shopping cart through snow for about five months of the year! Personally, I'm perfectly happy to pay a bit more and live here - what I spend on groceries I save on a winter coat and winter boots - ever thought of that?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
I agree with you Rocketman,, I really don't believe the upgrade was because of competition, that kinda of planning goes way down a chain of events in retail, from 5 year planning and budgetary considerations, to market analysis, to an analysis of store activity plans. Every store resets their store planning 2 x a year and they plan a total redo prob every 5 to 7 years. Its part of a large merchandising program.

HOWEVER,,, let me say this... the staff in the Sweetbay Villages store look like they are very discontent and unhappy but if you were to go to the Sweetbay in Belleview, you would be amazingly surprised. Everyone there is extremely friendly, so nice, it was scary, LOL.... So I think it has to do with a lot of other issues,,, perhaps we villagers are not very nice to the store staff at Sweetbay in the Villages???? Did ya ever think???
We have friends who live in oklawaha and they love the sweetbay in bellview. Publix biggest competition is from walmart just like it is for any grocery retailer. That is why you see the comparison prices on tv and in the paper. As for lunch meat I can't believe $8.00 a pound. I get the buffalo chicken butterball brand at walmart,
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.