Car On Golf Path At Caroline

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Car On Golf Path At Caroline

At about 3:00 PM we approached the round-a-bout at the Carolina Gate and notice a number of flashing lights and discovered a number of community Watch vehicles, A fire depart SUV and a cop car. My wife informed me that there was a car on the car path with a golf cart nearby. Anyone know what happened?
Old 08-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

don't know what happened - do know it wasn't a snowbird! hope no one was injured.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

company is coming just down the wrong path...lol
Old 08-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
At about 3:00 PM we approached the round-a-bout at the Carolina Gate and notice a number of flashing lights and discovered a number of community Watch vehicles, A fire depart SUV and a cop car. My wife informed me that there was a car on the car path with a golf cart nearby. Anyone know what happened?
We went in Caroline gate shortly after car v cart impact. Cart was crossing (N bound on path) and car came through gate (E bound on road). Impact on cart (Columbia, Blue) was at passenger side front wheel. Lady passenger looked very upset (still seated in cart) as we passed by. Car driver was talking with presumed cart driver at that point. Gate attendant waved us by....
Old 08-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Sage

The accident is (was) most unfortunate and I hope no one was injured!!! That said...I've observed *some* cart-drivers who think they have the right of way on these crossings. Not so!! Always observe when driving a cart to make sure there aren't any vehicles coming through. I generally will wait until their gate goes up and they pass by before I proceed!! These cart paths have pavers as they are in the squares....have we not observed folks who just continue walking on these w/o looking both ways first?! Yes, to the fact that pedestrians have the "right of way" BUT I was taught always look both left and right then left again before proceeding...this in walking and in driving!
Old 08-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Cart vs Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
The accident is (was) most unfortunate and I hope no one was injured!!! That said...I've observed *some* cart-drivers who think they have the right of way on these crossings. Not so!! Always observe when driving a cart to make sure there aren't any vehicles coming through. I generally will wait until their gate goes up and they pass by before I proceed!! These cart paths have pavers as they are in the squares....have we not observed folks who just continue walking on these w/o looking both ways first?! Yes, to the fact that pedestrians have the "right of way" BUT I was taught always look both left and right then left again before proceeding...this in walking and in driving!
Notgolfer: I agree----We must all drive our golf carts from a defensive stand point. Cart vs. Car guess who comes out on the short end?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.