Publix at Colony Plaza
Home
Menu

Publix at Colony Plaza

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Publix at Colony Plaza
Old 08-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Sage

Default Publix at Colony Plaza

A perfect example of what competition can do for the market place. In preparation for the new Sweetbay opening down the road Publix is putting a new face on the store. Check out the re-arranged produce section and the new fancy meat counter. Hats off to them for working to keep their customers. A nice update - hope more are in the works.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
A perfect example of what competition can do for the market place. In preparation for the new Sweetbay opening down the road Publix is putting a new face on the store. Check out the re-arranged produce section and the new fancy meat counter. Hats off to them for working to keep their customers. A nice update - hope more are in the works.
Sounds like smart business practice. Glad its still happening these days.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Sage

Too bad the "foot-print" of that Publix wasn't a bit larger!!! The others north of 466 seem to be twice it's size or maybe half again as big.

But as you say---competition is a good thing!
Old 08-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Sage

If Publix is gearing up for competition, why didn't they choose to open another store south of 466A when they had the chance? IMO, they run a much better operation than SweetBay.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Seems to me lowering their prices would be a better move. I could care less about a face lift
Old 08-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
If Publix is gearing up for competition, why didn't they choose to open another store south of 466A when they had the chance? IMO, they run a much better operation than SweetBay.
Maybe they'll build one along Hwy. 44 by Brownwood or in it. There will be probably 20,000 more people living between Colony and Brownwood in a short while and they'll need a Publix by Brownwood.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Maybe they'll build one along Hwy. 44 by Brownwood or in it. There will be probably 20,000 more people living between Colony and Brownwood in a short while and they'll need a Publix by Brownwood.
There is a 2nd store slated for next year as per Publix Management.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Sage

IMO Publix is so far ahead of Sweetbay in every way including low price, I kinda doubt they are doing anything reactive. Publix has been my store since I can remember being old enough to use a credit card. Don't mess with Publix.
new look
Old 08-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Sage

Default new look

I was just in Publix this morning and they also rearranged their baked goods section. They were also handing out samples of the meats and cheeses on sale left and right. It actually works....Not only did I buy some ham that I went in for, I also bought some of the roast beef they gave me a sample of. If I hadn't had a sample of it I would have never bought it. Pretty smart of them if you ask me. I also like when they make the meals as you walk in and give samples of what they have made. A lot of them are real good and I have made them for dinner. It's another way they get customers to buy more products.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Veteran member

I just heard that Winn Dixie now owns Sweetbay and Bi Lo? Is this correct? Wow...talk about a monopoly on grocery chains around here! I will stick with Publix. I love that deli of theirs!
Closed Thread