Publix at Colony Plaza

Publix at Colony Plaza

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleevee View Post
Oh Kathie, I must disagree, compared to Staten Island, the food here (Publix), is much more expensive. I was talking to a woman from Boston and she agreed.........no great prices here.
You can shop in the North East at Market Basket much cheaper than here - but you also have to push your shopping cart through snow for about five months of the year! Personally, I'm perfectly happy to pay a bit more and live here - what I spend on groceries I save on a winter coat and winter boots - ever thought of that?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Old 08-04-2013, 06:36 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
I agree with you Rocketman,, I really don't believe the upgrade was because of competition, that kinda of planning goes way down a chain of events in retail, from 5 year planning and budgetary considerations, to market analysis, to an analysis of store activity plans. Every store resets their store planning 2 x a year and they plan a total redo prob every 5 to 7 years. Its part of a large merchandising program.

HOWEVER,,, let me say this... the staff in the Sweetbay Villages store look like they are very discontent and unhappy but if you were to go to the Sweetbay in Belleview, you would be amazingly surprised. Everyone there is extremely friendly, so nice, it was scary, LOL.... So I think it has to do with a lot of other issues,,, perhaps we villagers are not very nice to the store staff at Sweetbay in the Villages???? Did ya ever think???
We have friends who live in oklawaha and they love the sweetbay in bellview. Publix biggest competition is from walmart just like it is for any grocery retailer. That is why you see the comparison prices on tv and in the paper. As for lunch meat I can't believe $8.00 a pound. I get the buffalo chicken butterball brand at walmart,
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread