publix covid vaccine

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2021, 08:11 AM
Default publix covid vaccine

Is anyone having trouble with the publix website for vaccine? Once we clicked on Florida, we could not go any further picking the county. It stated Marion county had appointments available, but could not click on the name of the county, then after 45 minutes of trying, it said fully booked.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:16 AM
Veteran member

Something similar happened here. I got into the queue at 6 AM, I was in it for 90 minutes then the Publix server crashed. When it was back up it indicated vaccine sign up will resume at 6 AM on Friday the 22nd.

Last edited by B-flat; 01-20-2021 at 08:40 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 01-20-2021, 08:16 AM

You got to one more step than me.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
Something smilier happened here. I got into the queue at 6 AM, I was in it for 90 minutes then the Publix server crashed. When it was back up it indicated vaccine sign up will resume at 6 AM on Friday the 22nd.
I don't think the server crashed. They just booked all the appointments and then notified those in the queue that there were no more appointments available. No crashing, just more people than appointments.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't think the server crashed. They just booked all the appointments and then notified those in the queue that there were no more appointments available. No crashing, just more people than appointments.
At least on my MacBook I got a splash screen that read "900 error' then a few minutes later the updated screen appeared.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:29 AM
Default Got vaccine appt at Publix

yes, got onto site at 6 am, booking became available at 6:25 or 6:30. Made appt for my husband at Mulberry Grove Publix in the Villages (along with second appt). When I tried for another appt for myself, none were available there but I got an appt at Belleview Publix.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:03 AM
Veteran member
Default Avoid using Safari

Based upon my experience and a couple of friends, the site seems to balk at using Safari....switched to Google Chrome and was able to get through and get a couple of appointments set up.

I have no other proof of this, but Safari seemed to never move beyond the queue refreshing every minute. Chrome, however, went through after about 10 minutes wait.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:02 AM

What happened was that all of the vaccine dots were taken. I was on from 6am until 7:03 and got one of the last appts in socal. After that spots were open in Deland and Deltona. Do what you did again on Friday.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:18 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
Something similar happened here. I got into the queue at 6 AM, I was in it for 90 minutes then the Publix server crashed. When it was back up it indicated vaccine sign up will resume at 6 AM on Friday the 22nd.
The server did not crash. When there were no further appts available, it was shut down. I signed in at 6am and sat in the que until 750am at which time the site closed. Not odd or unusual. You have 18 counties of people signing into one site at the same time to try and get an appt. They were only accepting 100 people per each Publix. Chances of getting booked are slim to none until more vaccines are available
Old 01-21-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetteadams View Post
Is anyone having trouble with the publix website for vaccine? Once we clicked on Florida, we could not go any further picking the county. It stated Marion county had appointments available, but could not click on the name of the county, then after 45 minutes of trying, it said fully booked.
When they get enough supply of the vaccine they need to stop using retail sites as the venue for giving shots. They are not equipped to handle the mass volume of shots that need to be given. They need to open mass vaccination sites. I understand up in Massachusetts they have opened up Gillette Stadium where the Patriots play to give shots. In The Villages the could use the Polo fields, fire stations, the football field at the High School etc. Going about it the way they are it will take years to get everyone vaccinated.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetteadams View Post
Everyone probably notices the frustration that the vaccine distribution is creating. The responsibility is falling to the counties and it is doomed to failure because the county Health Departments are understaffed and underfunded. (what did anyone expect). If you want any government unit to work for you it needs funding from taxes. Everyone wants LOWER taxes, but when government fails the knives and complaints come out.
.......It is going to finally get better because the Federal government has engaged the Defense Production Act (DPA). Surely the Florida state government has the budget to pay university math and scientists to devise a system that could schedule appointments on a fair and equitable basis. The counties have FAILED!
Old 01-21-2021, 11:26 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Everyone probably notices the frustration that the vaccine distribution is creating. The responsibility is falling to the counties and it is doomed to failure because the county Health Departments are understaffed and underfunded. (what did anyone expect). If you want any government unit to work for you it needs funding from taxes. Everyone wants LOWER taxes, but when government fails the knives and complaints come out.
.......It is going to finally get better because the Federal government has engaged the Defense Production Act (DPA). Surely the Florida state government has the budget to pay university math and scientists to devise a system that could schedule appointments on a fair and equitable basis. The counties have FAILED!
The government paid private enterprises to develop the vaccine. They certainly could pay private enterprises to efficiently mass distribute the vaccine which multitudes of state, local and city government bureaucracies are not capable of doing.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
When they get enough supply of the vaccine they need to stop using retail sites as the venue for giving shots. They are not equipped to handle the mass volume of shots that need to be given. They need to open mass vaccination sites. I understand up in Massachusetts they have opened up Gillette Stadium where the Patriots play to give shots. In The Villages the could use the Polo fields, fire stations, the football field at the High School etc. Going about it the way they are it will take years to get everyone vaccinated.
According to the CDC Florida has a greater percentage of it residents vaccinated than Massachusetts does.

CDC COVID Data Tracker
Old 01-21-2021, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
According to the CDC Florida has a greater percentage of it residents vaccinated than Massachusetts does.

CDC COVID Data Tracker
Interesting that almost 6% of FL have been Vaccinated so far.

Also almost the same number of people in FL have been vaccinated in the first month as have gotten COVID the past year.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:29 PM
Platinum member

Why is Sumter County not on vaccine lists? or Lake but at least Lake has info on facebook. No info for Sumter but the politicians sure run here for photo ops!
Closed Thread

Tags
county, publix, vaccine, minutes, marion

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.