Publix Covid website

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2021, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I posted earlier this morning about the Publix site, shortly after that a good neighbor and retired IT guy came by and told me he was on the site on Wednesday and he actually got into the "Booking" area when there were four appointments left at Mulberry. He had not even finished filling in the first page of the required information before all four places were gone. So, to us, it would appear that unless you get accepted onto the site within the first 15 mns or o you are not going to get an appointment.

He, like us, has no intention of driving all around Florida to get a vaccine, he will wait it out!

I am now signed up in three different sites and sooner or later a vaccine will be available.
FYI, it is definitely not true that you need to get into the booking section within 15 minutes. I have been able to book 6 appointments for friends so far, and I have never gotten to the booking section within 15 minutes.
Old 02-12-2021, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by talleyjm View Post
I tried to get an appointment via Publix’s stellar system using 200 devices and still no luck! Tomorrow I will log onto the site at 4 a.m. using 300 devices. And if Publix wants me to, I will jump through every hoop and fill out the application over and over again . . . Right! Folks, enough already. Be patient grasshoppers, we will all get our vaccinations in time. In the meantime, social distance, wear a mask when necessary and keep those paws disinfected. 🤪
You cannot blame folks for wanting to get back to normal again. It's been quite awhile, and the idea of dangling the shots just beyond reach is driving some crazy. The good thing is that there seems to be a lot more available. Perhaps, since they have vaccinated the health care folks, the first responders and nursing home staff, they are now finding some serum for the seniors. Just a guess. I can only imagine how crazy those under 65yr are getting waiting for all the old codgers to get theirs so that the youngers can move up the line. Their line hasn't even started yet, unless they fit the special category of working in hospitals, nursing homes or first responders.
It won't be long, but after a year of having your life on hold, some are at the starting line, ready to run. Patience is easy to say, but harder to practice.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

An hour and a half on the site this morning. Activated cell and computer. Finally, an opening for appt. but only in the panhandle. No thanks.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:46 PM
Veteran member

Took my aunt for her first shot to a publix in south Jacksonville, met a couple there from Sarasota, wife got her shot from a publix in Gainesville in the morning and then they had to travel to Jacksonville for his in the afternoon..., they got a room to stay over last night...
Old 02-13-2021, 07:16 AM
Default Couldn't agree more. The entire process is a farce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperguy View Post
I know this is a continuing issue but after waiting another 2 hours on the website, one of us actually got through with only a few spots available. Filling out the form, checking the location and repeating 5 times we gave up. The IT guy at Publix ought to be fired. Get someone who knows what they are doing!
We also were online and watching the clock count down from 60 to zero 120 times before we gave up. It is obvious that there is no order to your calls. It's like a phone call to a line that is busy and when it finally is open you are just lucky to get through.
Old 02-14-2021, 01:42 AM

I've registered all over in Sumter County a month ago with no results.

Since we also have property in Lake County I'm going that route now as it seems more promising.

A bit off the thread but, how come TV Health Care system isn't supplying vaccine to it's patients? They obviously have provided that to their staff. Just curious.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdeb View Post
I've registered all over in Sumter County a month ago with no results.

Since we also have property in Lake County I'm going that route now as it seems more promising.

A bit off the thread but, how come TV Health Care system isn't supplying vaccine to it's patients? They obviously have provided that to their staff. Just curious.
As I understand it, anyone who is a Florida resident and over 65, can register and get the vaccine from any vaccine provider in Florida. So, the TV Health Care system cannot reserve the vaccine for their patients unless they qualify under another criteria.
Old 02-14-2021, 02:15 PM
Veteran member
Default Winn Dixie

go to Winn Dixie at Old Camp Road-there is a table right there next to the pharmacy where you can sign up
Old 02-14-2021, 02:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
go to Winn Dixie at Old Camp Road-there is a table right there next to the pharmacy where you can sign up
Not true. This thread is about Publix, not Winn Dixie. But, the Winn Dixie COVID appointments must be made online like Publix, and there are currently no appointments available. The table in the Winn Dixie store is for people who already have an appointment, not to sign up to get an appointment.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:00 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
SNIPPED The table in the Winn Dixie store is for people who already have an appointment, not to sign up to get an appointment.
If the folks already have an appointment - what purpose is the table serving?

Old 02-16-2021, 04:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
If the folks already have an appointment - what purpose is the table serving?
They verify that you have an appointment and are eligible, get you to complete a form, and approve you to receive the shot at the store.
Closed Thread

Tags
publix, website, guy, checking, location

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.