Publix Covid website

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2021, 06:48 AM

Go to the Groveland site
Old 02-11-2021, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
In my opinion, the Publix web site is a disgrace. This morning Marion (Mulberry) was allotted 600 doses. 600 doses for TV, ridiculous.
The Mulberry site is 600 doses for MARION COUNTY , not THE VILLAGES. I was curious the other day, so I looked at the Florida COVID-19 website. I saw that Sumter County had about 24k people vaccinated. Sumter County had about the same., Even though population of Sumter county is about 1/3 less Marion County.

As others have said, there are others sources besides Publix, And clearly Sumter County are getting more than their share of the vaccinations.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:39 AM

If you try the Publix website again, try this: fill everything out on the application first except the appointment. Select it LAST. Then go book the appointment
Old 02-11-2021, 08:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancymiller217@yahoo.com View Post
The Mulberry site is 600 doses for MARION COUNTY , not THE VILLAGES. I was curious the other day, so I looked at the Florida COVID-19 website. I saw that Sumter County had about 24k people vaccinated. Sumter County had about the same., Even though population of Sumter county is about 1/3 less Marion County.

As others have said, there are others sources besides Publix, And clearly Sumter County are getting more than their share of the vaccinations.
When going vaccine hunting nancy has a point. Sumter county has 29.6% of their seniors vaccinated, while Marion has only 27.3%. Since there is a higher percentage of seniors still looking for that first vaccine in Marion, it would not be easy to find an open appointment.

As others have pointed out, Lake county seems to be easier to get appointments, as they already have 36.5% of their seniors started. Orange might be even easier, as they have 37.8% of their seniors vaccinated.

If you are ready to travel the panhandle and Jacksonville area are in even better shape. Leon county (Tallahassee) has 60.8% of their seniors vaccinated, so it might be pretty easy to get in there. Alachua county (Gainesville) is not quite as far and they already have 53.9% of their seniors vaccinated.

Look at areas where the vaccination rate is higher than Sumter and it probably would be easier to get an appointment.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwolf1 View Post
My wife registered us on line with Lake County very quickly. They called her within the week and she scheduled both herself and me in less than 10 minutes (I listened as she answered a couple of questions). They sent us an email immediately with a link to a form to be filled out. We filled in the form and printed it out. It had a bar code at the top of the page. We took this printed form with us when we went two days later (Leesburg, Lake Mall). Arrived at 2:45 were completely finished at 3:45. Extremely well organized and very busy with dozens and dozens of staffers who were all polite, friendly and really good at what they were doing. From checking you in, crowd control, providing information as you were proceeding thru the line, giving injections and helping you exit. Whoever set this up and trained these people deserves an award. Hats off to Lake County! We will go thru the same process in three weeks for our 2nd shot.
Can I ask how you register on line in Lake County. My husband registered us with that .gov site.
Got a donotreply email saying they would WEEKLY update us about availability in our area. That was Jan 29. NEVER got an update from them
We did sign up on 1/9 for the safe start site got an email saying we were registered but never got an appointment. My only concern is that now they have my Medicare #. I spent 2hrs of my life yesterday that I won’t get back watching my phone refresh on the Publix site and watching the appointments get all booked.
I’m getting to the point of the hell with it.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:26 AM

Lake County now has a phone # to call. 352-464-9065. I know several people that received appointments by calling. Keep trying if all appointments filled. Shipments come in. Good luck to all.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:33 AM
Default Vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie1950 View Post
Can I ask how you register on line in Lake County. My husband registered us with that .gov site.
Got a donotreply email saying they would WEEKLY update us about availability in our area. That was Jan 29. NEVER got an update from them
We did sign up on 1/9 for the safe start site got an email saying we were registered but never got an appointment. My only concern is that now they have my Medicare #. I spent 2hrs of my life yesterday that I won’t get back watching my phone refresh on the Publix site and watching the appointments get all booked.
I’m getting to the point of the hell with it.
I've been doing the same. I had 2 phones, my kindle, and 7 tabs on my laptop going yesterday for Publix. I also signed up at GMR on January 13th and never received an appointment. This is getting very frustrating.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
I had no problem. Signed into the site an hour before it opened. At the stated time,it dropped me right into the que and within 45 min, an application popped up. You can sign up 4 people at once so I added some friends. You may not get the location 2 minutes from your house, but there are numerous others to go to. Easy peasy
After reading three or four weeks of disappointed people re the Publix site, gloating over one's success ain't cool.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:36 AM
Default Vaccine

I have been into the Publix website every morning they are up. Have made a list of the counties that are within our range. Sat for at least 2 hours only to find everything is booked.
But I've registered on GMR, Walgreens, myflvaccine and WinnDixie. Hopefully one of them will come up with an appointment. Trying again tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:38 AM
Gold member

Three hours on-line with Publix with three devices, and at the end of the first hour, the waiting signal turned to "Book Now". Hooray! But when I clicked on the "Book an Appointment" box, nothing happened. After several tries, it took me to the previous page. Rather than give up, I kept watch on the automatic refresh for another two hours as the number of appointments available continued dropping. Again, with only a couple counties left with appointments, I got the "Book Now" notice. This time, the "Book and Appointment" button worked, but every time I picked an available appointment time (in the only county left with appointments in the Panhandle), the system would tell me it was no longer available. And each time I was denied, I had to resubmit all of my info, pick another available appointment time from the times they gave me, and again and again I was denied. This is a lousy system, and I refuse to use it again. Public should fire their IT consultant.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:47 AM

What information do you need to have available to sign up with Publix or other sites. Want to be prepared if I do get in! Thanks
Old 02-11-2021, 08:56 AM

The guy who gave the contract to Publix (Gov. DeSantis) without making sure Publix had the technical capabilities to produce an efficient, well designed website should be fired, also.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:00 AM

Why continue to try Publix and have the frustration? As the previous poster suggested call the Lake County appt line 352 464-9065 a very nice person will ask you some questions and set you up with an appt. you will get a email right away with conformation of the appt and a link to fill out your info. This will be for the mall in Leesburg so just a short drive.
If you cannot get an appt right away wait a day or two for new apts to come up. My husband and I did this and got appt for next week for the both of us, same time. I had also signed up on many websites claiming they will call me when shots available and no go with them.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:03 AM
Default It seems to be a complete "hit and miss" proposition.

We have registered with both GMR and Publix. Other people are reporting success and almost immediate response but all we have seen is an acknowledgement that "You are on our list" Really? If so, why are people who called or signed in after us getting appointments and vaccines? No sense to this entire procedure whatsoever.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:08 AM
Veteran member

My wife was on the site and then I got on, after a while I got in, but she didn't!? All the locations nearby were gone so I picked Daytona Beach Publix and got 2:36 (odd number!?) and when it asked if I wanted to add someone else I said yes and entered my wife's info and picked 3 (which was the next available) then I got a message saying something was wrong (but it didn't say was wrong) so I had to enter her information again and by then only 4:30 was available.

SO yesterday we drove the 1 1/2 hours to get our shots. We were 15 minutes early and were told we had to wait (even though there was no one being served). I asked if my wife could get her shot at the same time, since we drove an 1 1/2 hours, they said NO she would have to come back. As we we waiting to get my shot another person got in line and they took him, when he came out I asked what time was his appointment, he said 3! So why was he taken ahead on me when I was ther ther early? The person giving the shots was very rude.
We waited in the parking lot until she went in at 4:15 and this time there was a different person giving the shot and they said sure, come in and gave her the shot.
We have to go back in 30 days and do this all over again. Glad we got the shot, but they do make it difficult.
Closed Thread

Tags
publix, website, guy, checking, location

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.